Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Due in Feb 2008

falle001 is offline Registered User
    We decided to go for a surprise so will not find out until January, when we came out of the scan we thought maybe we should have found out but i think we are now excited about the surprise element again.
    So far we have not bought anything at all for baby and i am nearly 22 weeks. We have been looking at prams a few times and have a short list and then i think the next thing will be the cot - as they seem to be the two biggest purchases. I know once we start the ball rolling with baby things we will not stop spending so probably just as well we are holding off for the time being. I think actually buying things will suddenly make it seem a bit more real and scary!!
    We have just booked into our antenatal classes at the Matilda as well, they start 8th October i think, am quite looking forward to them.

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone!

Have finally passed the first trimester (is it me, or is it as slow for everyone else?) and the OSCAR test results came back negative yesterday. So finally I feel like I have the all-clear to share the exciting news with others. (Just told my own family yesterday and will tell in-laws this weekend!)

My due date is March 18.

About determining the gender, can you really tell at 12 weeks? Does anyone know whether that's only possible with a 4D u/s machine? My OB (I'm with Dr. Philip Ho) only has the regular (3D?) one and didn't volunteer any info at the last u/s. Will they tell you once they know? Or do OBs generally wait until you ask them (just in case you want to keep it as a surprise?) We don't have a preference on gender but we're just really curious to know.

wasabibunny is offline Registered User
    My OB asked us if we wanted to know the gender at 12 weeks. He said he was 80-90% sure from the scan but I think that we were just lucky. Not every OB would be confident of telling the sex this early on.

lieny is offline Registered User
    I am with you, peainthepod. 1st trimester is taking forever. I am approaching the end of my 11th week, so one more week to go...
    I recently am getting heartburns though.. it sux.. I hate the feeling !!

lieny is offline Registered User
    I just bought gums and indeed the heartburn went away !! Feel much better now. =)

jodymo is offline Registered User
    I'm reading the jools oliver book, and she swore by gaviscon for heartburn. My 1st trimester was a bit of a secret, and it flew, now i'm into the second its taking forever - the kicks are still quite new and exciting tho!

jockette is offline Registered User
    We have decided we want to know the sex - I think it helps with bonding too, as well as shopping! - but the baby has decided to keep it a secret so far. Everytime the doctor tries to look, it's legs and feet get in the way!

Peainthepod - I think that the doctor will only tell you if you want to know. I go to Doctor Ghosh and he said he would be able to tell us at 12 weeks.

My sister-in-law also swore by gaviscon for heartburn with both her boys. Jodymo - I have been investigating classes at Annerley. Did you decide to go there?
    Last edited by jockette; 09-10-2007 at 05:37 PM.

motherOF2 is offline Registered User
    Jodymo, u'll enjoy buying clothes for ur little girl, I sure did. Somehow there seems to be better choices for girls than boys. Those with boys, what's it like dressing them up? Am curious cos we would like to have a boy one day (we are still keeping the sex of our baby a surprise).
    Falle001, I really like the MacLaren prams,they're easy to manouever and also I could fold it up with one hand.
    Is it just me but it feels /looks like my belly is growing quicker with the second pregnancy than the first one? I'm in my 17th week and it is huge !!!!!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast