Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Due in Feb 2008

wasabibunny is offline Registered User
    I think there are lots of options now for baby clothes but it must be easier to keep girls in cute little dresses till they are potty trained... so much easier for diaper changing!

I've read that usually 2nd pregnancies show earlier than 1sts because the uterus is more ready to expand and accomodate the baby. Labour is suppose to be shorter as well and you also have less chance of being overdue so lots of perks for having #2 :yeah2

motherOF2 is offline Registered User
    I had c-section with my first one as she was in the breech position, therefore, I don't even know what labour is supposed to feel like ...
    As we are new in Hk, I guess I should start looking for a obgyn soon as I'm getting into my 18th week.

Wasabibunny, are u having your second too?? We're 2 weeks apart I believe...... the kids can play together soon :yeah2

saga is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone!

Nice to find a group of ladies in a similar situation - my due date is in mid March 2008.

I've been quite lucky of not having really morning sickness, occassional nausea though and recently some motion sickness when taking a bus/taxi. My acupuncturist recommended mixing ginger and lemon to hot water, apparently that should help but I haven't tried yet.

Reg flying in the 1st trimester: I flew long haul during my 10th and 12th weeks. I just made sure that I wore flightsocks, moved around a lot and drank lots of water. I had ultrasound right after both flights and it seems that everything is fine. According to eg. BA, the amount of cosmic radiation a person gets in a flight is fairly small. http://www.britishairways.com/travel...r/public/en_gb
    I guess it's different if you work as a flight attendant. My doc was more concerned about the clotting of blood than the cosmic radiation.

kmalia is offline Registered User

2008 babies

Congratulations to all the 2008 babies and moms-to-be!

Our EDD is mid April 2008, so just entering into our 10th week. Morning sickness (aka. 24-hr sickness) didn't hit until the 8th week but it has been bad since then. Found this fabulous 'preserved ginger' candy from a little dried fruit cart in wanchai that has saved my life.

I flew long haul (to New York) basically while implantation was probably occurring and had no problems, but I agree that support hose or socks should be worn and drink LOTS of water.

As for exercise, I have been golfing both before and after pregnancy and my doc says it is perfectly fine (Dr. Dawkins). I did yoga for a while but haven't gone in over 4 months, I want to start with a prenatal class but am a bit embarrassed that I am not showing yet. Do you think it is better to wait until first trimester is finished to pick it up again?

MotherOF2... this is my first but my stepdaughter's 10 already! I'm 21 weeks atm. Have you had your first check-up yet? I had my morphology scan at 20 weeks and the doc checked all the major organs and counted 5 fingers on each hand. It took about 40mins to finish the scan.

I also flew in my first trimester (HK to NY) at about 7weeks and came back at 9 weeks. Flight there was totally normal but on my flight back I did have bloating in both feet which had never happened before. It was almost unconfortable to stay in my shoes so it definitely sounds like those tight socks could come in handy.

My cure for morning sickness was spicey food haha...

Oh and I started feeling kicks at about 17/18 weeks but now I'm really getting pounded on. Baby kicks me all night long

I just went shopping for more maternity clothes and everything's so expensive... excetp for H&M! I'm sick of wearing the same 2 pairs of maternity pants so I finally decided to buy the expander belt contraption which will allow me to wear my old pants. Plus, with my growing belly I actually find some of the maternity stuff too high and I'd rather wear the pants under my bump. I've also been sneeking peeks at crib and basinets and carseats... so many things to buy!

motherOF2 is offline Registered User
    I need to go buy some new stuff for myself. Eventhough I'm only 18 weeks now, all my clothese do not seem to fit and I don't wanna wear my old maternity clothes again except for a few pieces. I used to buy regular clothing like wrap dresses, babydoll dresses and drawstring trousers. Oh, I had a pair of maternity jeans that were just ugly and shapeless ...yikes !!!!
    Wasabibunny, Where else did u go besides H&M?
    Also, eventually I would need to buy a new bedroom set for my daughter and pass hers to her sibling..... any good places to go?

Cool

http://www.lineanegra.com.hk/index_main.html on LKF has a large selection

http://www.bunintheovenshop.com/index.php?z=1 for online shopping

Formes has great work clothes but VERY pricey
    Boutiques: 8 On Lan Street, Central, Hong Kong Tel: 29051200
    G/F., 19 Yun Ping Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong Tel: 22034626
    Shop 230B, Ocean Centre, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon Tel: 23759002

and there are a bunch of boutiques on the small streets behind LEE GARDENS.

I went to Bumps to Babes on 12 Pedder street (5th floor) for a look and they had some maternity stuff, as well as the 2 toned silk tummy wrap which looks very pretty (although I go for simple and functional personally).

For me, the only problem with H&M's selection was a lack of skirts and dresses. They have lots of tops and pants though and some autumn/winter pieces just arrived. I am not too keen on splurging on maternity stuff although it is likely I will have another baby in a couple years. :yeah2 If you are close to H&M you can also stop by Eugene Club to have a look at all the baby stuff. They have a huge baby store on the 4th floor... the entrance is to the left of H&M.

Have fun shopping and tell me how it goes! Am I totally obsessed or what?

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast