Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Due in Feb 2008

donkey is offline Registered User

Thanks MotherOF2. I hope I can feel the movement soon!

I am now into my 19 weeks and have gain around 3kg... I have been exercising so I guess it keeps me from gaining too much weight in one go!

lieny is offline Registered User

Hi Donkey - what exercise have you done? I was trying to be real careful during my first trimester so walking was my only form of exercise. But now that I am on my 13th week, I am desperate for some exercise.. Just feel sooooo fat.. and the belly feels so tight, like a balloon that is going to burst. I've gained about 3kg now..

donkey is offline Registered User

Hi Lieny - I basically am very active before may pregnancy so I continue running, swimming, spinning and doing some weights training at the gym all through to now. If you are not a runner before it is not adviced to start a new running program. Swimming is the best as you feel light in the water and you can still do some hard sets without feeling overheated. All i cut down is the duration of the exercise and the intensity. I didn't have any morning sickness in my first trimester so am pretty lucky and I found exercise helps me to take my mind off my growing tummy. I think I will change to walking when I start to feel a bit uncomfortable at running but it will take another month I guess.
    I was doing all my long runs and rides in the first 8 weeks (over 2 hours) in summer while I didn't know that I was pregnant, but was pretty lucky that everything was ok.

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

Wow donkey, you are super atheletic! What was your BMI before the pregnancy?

mammalicious is offline Registered User

i am due end of april 1st, so may be a little later then everyone in this forum. i am having severe morning sickness, but find that if i stick to fresh fruits, and try to eat cool things i can stomach a bit more. nothing oily, fried or warm. perhaps try some grapefruit -- that seems to be what is my biggest craving this time around.

lii
    lii is offline Registered User

I've gained about 10lbs and am on my 16th week, so everyone's sounding about right, but I think the weight really packs on in the 3rd trimester.

Glad to hear most morning sickness has gone away - mine is slowing subsiding as well, but much slower than expected.

For those who were looking at ob/gyn, here's my doctor details:

Dr. Lam Yung Hang
    Room 208 St.George's Building
    2 Ice House Street, Central, HK
    Phone: 2877-3280

Very good ob/gyn and extremely thorough in his visits. I know many people who visit him or his partner and are very satisfied. He takes the time to answer all my petty questions :)

Lisa

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

I'm 22 weeks now and starting to crave a lot of sweets and chocolate. It's been really difficult helping my diet health!

peainpod is offline Registered User

When did everyone's first-trimester morning sickness disappear? Mine hasn't been so bad - the discomfort was mostly queasiness rather than actual vomiting - but I was really looking forward to moving past that once the three months were over. But so far, I still wake up most mornings (or sometimes late afternoons) with some queasiness - and I am now wondering: oh no, will i be one of those who will have that with me for all nine months?? Also, does anyone get that constant tinny (metallic) taste in the mouth? Chewing gum helps, but again, I'm hoping that it will go away after the first trimester!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast