Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

How to become a kindergarten teacher?

mushi is offline Registered User
    happy valley

How to become a kindergarten teacher?

i used to work full-time before moving to HK. i have done my MBA and have about 6 yrs work-ex. However life seems to be changing for me and i don;t think i would be moving to a full-time corporate job again. I think becominga teacher for a kindergarten school would give me more time with my kids besides doing a less stressful job with weekends and hoilidays added this true or just my perception? how do i make a start? is there any institute i could go to for a course in teaching, or a correspondance course? looking for a clue and good advice to start this whole new venture.

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    New Territories
    According to the Education Bureau:
    "Since September 2003, all newly appointed kindergarten teachers are required to possess a Qualified Kindergarten Teacher qualification or its equivalent.

Since September 2000, kindergartens are required to have 60% qualified kindergarten teachers. By the 2004/05 school year, all kindergartens are required to employ 100% qualified kindergarten teachers in the required teaching staff establishment calculated on a teacher to pupil ratio of 1:15.

At present, four institutions, including The Hong Kong Institute of Education, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong Baptist University and Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Lee Wai Lee), offer courses for kindergarten teachers. These training courses are recognised both by the Education Bureau and the Social Welfare Department."***D=916

Scroll to top