Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Weight & Height been stagnant

chubbysan is offline Registered User

Weight & Height been stagnant

hi mummies,

i just back fr my 15mth old check up and realise that her weight and height been stagnant the last 3-4mths. My 1st dd used to have slow weight gain as well, but at least her height is growing. My ped say cld be due to her activeness, plus she had a case of stomach flu 2wks ago.

Anyone had similiar experience and can share what you do to help? My 15mth old is not a big eater, she eat 2meals of porridge(1/2 bowl) and 3 feeds of milk (6oz).

Thanks for your input.

kashismum is offline Registered User

What did the doctor say?
    My daughter has been putting on steadily, though not at the rate prior to one year.

I'd say, at 15 months, you can let you daughter eat 'normal food'. Two bowls of porridge doesn't sound like much. My daughter eats 2 meals of carb+protein+veg plus snacks as well as porridge with fruit for breakfast, and has been since about 8/9 months. At 15 months, she should be eating less mushed food and more pieces.

HTH.

lii
    lii is offline Registered User

Ditto on your case where I came back from her 15-month check up to find she was underweight - to be exact, in the 25th percentile of babies her age, which is still OK but the ped said she may need more solids.

Her current diet is pretty hearty. 1 bowl of oatmeal + yogurt in the mornings or 2 pieces of toast and fruit. Then lunch and dinner are 1 bowl of rice or porridge + veggies + meat. She has 3 servings of 1 cup of milk a day and then she snack in between with fruits, biscuits and bread. I think she's eating OK, but some how she just doesn't pack on the weight.

They should be able to eat pretty solid stuff at this age. I've given my kid steak, pizza, fajitas, salad, pork chops and with her hands and molars, she's able to navigate most of it into her mouth and chew it.

So in the end, as long as your child is healthy, happy, active and behaving like a normal 15 month year old, I'd go with your instincts instead of medical charts.

Lisa

chubbysan is offline Registered User

thanks lisa & kashismum,

yes, my girl is growing well in term of other growth development, the only concern is her stagnant weight n height. my ped just ask me to monitor.

hmm lis, seem like yr 15mth is eating quite abit. mine is only hvg abt 1/2 bowl of porridge with meat/fish & veg. will b tough to feed her 1 bowl, cos she will struggle with me. i dislike battling with her during meal time so usually try to make it more pleasant if she refuse to eat more.

just hope she will grow abit more the next few mths!