Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fighting tireness

joannek is offline Registered User
    one more thing, she also knows that once she cries out for us, we'll be there within seconds, so that helps her feel secure, i guess.

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    my experience with my son is, when by the time he falls asleep i am still by his side, then in the middle of the night, he will look for me as he fell asleep knowing i am there. but when he is still sleepy/conscious, then he knows i've moved out and will not look for me. i've read that this is true for most kids too.

bbvv is offline Registered User
    Pleased to say that I managed to get my son to fall asleep within 10 mins - I think he was very tired as he did not do the ostrich thing or roll around. He fell asleep then I moved out but it must of woke him up a bit as he stuck his head out but then fell asleep again. At one year old, how many hours are recommended for one to sleep. I've noticed that he does not nap as much as he used to.

my daughter slept only for 12 hrs at night & 1 hour nap at 1 yo. all children are different.
    my daughter is now 2.5, she sleeps only 11-12 hrs/night, nonap. my nephew who's 3 mths older than my daughter, always sleeps 12 hrs at night & 1 hour nap.

lii
    lii is offline Registered User
    My daughter is 16 months and sleeps about 11-12 hours per night with two naps of 1 hour each during the day. She's pretty consistent in her schedule in that she's asleep by 8 pm and will wake up between 7-8am the next day.

I will now try to distance myself each night so she understands I can't always be right beside her as she sleeps. One problem is that sometimes, she sleeps at her grandparents (bless them!) and they ALWAYS sleep with her.

Is it recommended that I cut this co-sleeping completely?

Thanks for everyone's feedback!

Lisa

sorry to say this, but you have to CUT OUT co-sleeping completely. she doesn't understand why sometimes some one sleeps with her and sometimes she's alone. if possible, try to set the same bedtime routine wherever she goes & whoever she's with. it helps her feel secure cos she knows what to expect. but you might have to be more siplomatic with her granparents....

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    agree. i noticed that everytime we travel for long periods of time, and stay in the hotel (which means that my son is with us in the same room), then coming back home, it is a little bit more difficult to settle my son into his own room as he got used to sleeping with us. But after a few days, he is ok again.

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    i second that. when we go on vacation she loves it when we sleep together. when we come back, it takes a few days to adjust but I do let her CIO a bit and she's usually down in ten minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12