Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Delia School or other other schools that have Japanese option

ewollin is offline Registered User

Delia School or other other schools that have Japanese option

We may be relocating to HK this fall from the US and have been looking into ESF and IS for our kids. My son is a native English speaker but has taken weekend Japanese school for several years. I'd love for him to go to a school where there is SOME Japanese instruction. He is not fluent enough for the Hong Kong Japanese School, and the Japanese International School in Tai Po seems far away (we will likely be on HK island or on the south side of Kowloon) - though we are considering it. Anyone know how long a bus ride would take to get from south Kowloon to Tai Po?

The Delia School of Canada appears to have several language options including Japanese. However, no one on this forum says much about Delia. Does it have a bad/mediocre reputation? I know nothing about it except what is on the website.

Any other suggestions to maintain my son's English and Japanese abilities? Thanks!

fee
    fee is offline Registered User
    The 271 bus from Canton Rd to Tai Po takes about one hour. If you are still considering the Japanses International check out the bus route on http://www.kmb.hk/english.php

caira_raine is offline Registered User
    Hi ewollin..Delia School of Canada is quite good but a bit pricey.I went to school there.The students are multi-national, majority are japanese and korean.Its worth a visit...

ewollin is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by caira_raine View Post
    Delia School of Canada is quite good but a bit pricey.I went to school there.The students are multi-national, majority are japanese and korean.Its worth a visit...
    How is the academic performance at Delia? They don't do IB or Advanced Placement and I haven't been able to get any info from them about the curriculum, other than saying it is the Ontario curriculum, which I am not familiar with. I would appreciate any insight you or anyone else can give me. Thanks!

caira_raine is offline Registered User
    hello again ewollin, I'm not so sure about the curriculum now since it has been more than 10 years I've studied there, however I think they allow school visit or tour of the facilities.If you're not satisfied with their website, probably it would be much better if you go directly to the school then maybe you can get more info.School admission is soon so hurry and check it out...
    Gud luck ewollin..