Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Cantonese Playgroup in Mid-levels

avalyl is offline Registered User
    MM,

I read your blog about working. I do enjoy working as well as being with Nivana. However, if I don't start working within this year or so, I may not be able to find a good job later...

Very difficult to be a career woman and a mum. I went to apply a credit card in a bank and a lady asked my education level. I told her I have master degree and I'm a full time mum. She said "what a waste". Is it true??? Anyway, I have made up my mind to go back to work. hehe

Cheers,

1/3J is offline Registered User
    Hi avalyl, we will miss you and Nivana too....of course we can still meet at weekend from time to time, and share more about work/family balance.
    Somebodyfamous, good way to advertise your birthday! ha haaa...see you at your place next Tue!
    Happy holiday!

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    The one on 6th Oct? Not singing yet. But I'm MC of the show so you will see me there!! I hope to have a show soon with one of my bands... I miss it.

Ava - let us know if you can manage to work, actually my friends who went back to work say it is EASIER to work than to look after a baby.... I would believe that is true!!

1/3J is offline Registered User
    Avalyl, I share your feeling when the lady said "what a waste...". Interestingly that was also the most common respons I got from women when I told them I had resigned to be a full time mum, whilst most men said "oh this is a decision you won't regret making". Anyway regardless of what other people say and think, listen to your heart. Like you I'm also moving to a direction I'm not too sure about - but that may be the good thing about parenting - it always brings us new challenges and helps us grow. All the best!

Well I work from home so I'm only half a SAHM! However I would find it very difficult to not see them for a full working day if I had to go to an office or something.... I was saying to my friend, when I spend the whole day with them I feel really "fried" and feel I need some personal time, so then the next day because my Mum comes over, I go out and have some personal time, then I miss my daughters and want to come home hahahahhahahahhaa The life of a mum....!

1/3J hahahahaha I didn't advertise my birthday on purpose!! I didn't want to appear to have a 'mysterious' reason why I cant do 9 October hahahahahhaa

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Haha you guys are too funny. Ava, I think it's great that you're going back to work, i will live vicariously through you! So you must keep us updated on how you are enjoying being a career woman again!

SBF, I didn't realize but i have seen one of your shows before my hubby used to be in protozoa??? lol that was a long time ago.

1/3j i agree with you, being a parent is a constant challenge!! lol i'm like SBF, i sometimes crave a break but the moment i get it i'm dying to see mm again...lol the life of a momma! See you all next week!!

avalyl is offline Registered User
    hi all,

hehe, I will not be working next week but week after because there is still some paper work need to be done in US (I will be working in a US company). So Nivana and I can still meet up with you all next week. See you then.

Cheers,

Brilliant!! See you next Tuesday at my place :) Have a great weekend all!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast