Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

where to go in HK

hkmama1 is offline Registered User

where to go in HK

i find hk soooooo boring, like if u not hanging around biz a/c shopping malls on weekends, what else r u doing to keep away from the crowds and heat??

superMaMa is offline Registered User
    On weekend in winter, we used to go hiking with our dog. And in summer, we go to the beach like Sai Kung. After the beach, you could get a nice dinner in Sai kung.
    After I have my baby girl, we don't do that anymore. We usaully stay home on weekend now.

You could take a 1 day tour to those island like Lama, Cheung chow...... that can be relaxing.

hkmama1 is offline Registered User
    thanks, i have a 7 year old son - he gets so bored too.

elaine is offline Registered User
    Hiking trail @ The Peak - not too taxing
    Dragon's Back Trail - great view
    Boating at the little lake near Parkview (Wong Nai Chung Reservoir Park)
    Wetland Park
    Shek O beach
    Lamma Island, Cheung Chau - hiking, beach
    Mui Wo, Lantau - beach, waterfall, hiking
    Museums, IMAX theatre
    Hong Kong Park - waterfalls, ponds and bird watching @ aviary and tropical plants @ conservatory
    http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/ls_park.php
    http://www.news.gov.hk/en/hkforkids/...510en50002.htm

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    What about going bowling? We went to the bowling alley at Olympic (Tower 2) last week and my six year old loved it. They have special barriers that come up at the side so that the kids’ balls don’t keep getting lost. They also have some six pound balls which she was able to manage.

We also took a digital camera and now I have some hideous photos of my backside but it kept the kids entertained.

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    7 year old boy?

Buy a family pass to the museums:

My kids LOVE the science museum - lots of hands on activities

The HK Space Museum is also OK

The History Museum is also interesting

If he likes things about guns: the museum of coastal defense in Shau Kei Wan

As he gets older, a stop in the art museum is also a good call. That's why the pass is so good, even if you only visit for 30 minutes or so, it's a nice outing.

Don't forget the libraries - I hear there's also a toy library at the Central Library (in Victoria Park)

Other activities (if you don't mind a bit of crowds, or if you go early) - Tong Choi Gai (fish and turtles). My kids keep turtles and fish and we like to visit there when we buy turtle food or re-stock the fish tank.

Scroll to top