Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Mandarin playgroup in Midlevels?

uncabri is offline Registered User

Mandarin playgroup in Midlevels?

My son is just reaching 18 months and I'd be interested in him joining a Mandarin playgroup, or starting one if there isn't one. Can someone plse put me in touch with the organizer if there is one already in existence, or if you are interested in starting one? Many thanks!

mommy sara is offline Registered User
    I'm in the same situation myself. My son is 20 months and he's just started Little Sun Mandarin Centre (http://www.littlesunmc.com/courses.htm). We will go for a trial class at Blossoms Early Mandarin (http://www.earlymandarin.com/) this week to check it out. Kids Land (http://www.kidslandhk.com/service.htm) is closed until September and I intend to try that as well. Those are the 3 that I've found, there's also Tutor Time and several preschools, but they are bilingual not just Mandarin. Let me know if you find anything else.

kashismum is offline Registered User
    We liked Little Sun - they have classes at the YWCA on MacDonnell Rd - very reasonable fees. If I remember correctly, it worked out at $150/2hr session.

Early Blossoms also good but my husband goes there with my daughter so I can't comment directly.

CBeaver is offline Registered User
    I'm also looking for a Mandarin playgroup for my 20-month-old. Mommy Sara, did you try all the 3 playgroups you mentioned? Any comments will be appreciated.

CB

mommy sara is offline Registered User
    I have tried all 3. Little Sun has almost the exact same program every week so I find it's not very stimulating for my son. Kids Land is great if the caregiver attending with the child also speaks Mandarin, as there is a lot of independent play. But the teacher is great. I've found Blossoms is the best for us. They have many different activities and it doesn't matter that I don't understand. My son learns a lot there.