Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Pekip and reviews?

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    We've been going to PEKIP since Sep and love it. The baby gets a good workout --and so do I! I wish I had done it with my first one, too. Will definitely do PEKIP again if ever we have another baby. :)

rachel0213ee is offline Registered User
    I have heard of very different comments for PEKIP, and I'm quite interested to try it out with my 4-month-old. One concern was that the babies in the photos on the website were naked in class? Would there be any hygiene problems arisen?

matemate is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel0213ee View Post
    I have heard of very different comments for PEKIP, and I'm quite interested to try it out with my 4-month-old. One concern was that the babies in the photos on the website were naked in class? Would there be any hygiene problems arisen?
    like what hygiene problems?? that they pee on the mattress? easy to clean up and the instructor has disinfectant on hand all the time.

PEKIB was excellent in my view. Anne can be a bit harsh to crying kids but she is an absolute pro and knows what happens to kids and what they should do to improve their motoric skills. if you go just for a feel-good experience, try your luck. if you go for real improvement in the baby's motoric skills, then it's a definitive must.

ps: we had both our kids go through it. both started walking between 9 and 10 months and overall have excellent motoric skills. i do credit PEKIB for a lot of that

lonny is offline Registered User
    We went to PEKIP & as long as your child does everything as expected, you will be fine. But if your child cries, is slow to crawl, etc then I would not recommend the class. We stopped attending classes midway through the term as I was using the class for social interaction too & overall just did not find the teacher supportive at all. After speaking to a few friends, they also had similar negative experiences.

As far as your child being more advanced due to the class, I don't think this is true. We started PEKIP when my son was a bit older and he was no less advanced than the babies who had been enrolled in the prior terms. But I will say that my son was so exhausted after the classes that he would sleep well, so this was definitely a plus! I also think the class did give me a few good ideas on how to stimulate him, but overall we just did not have a good experience.
    shri likes this.

shri is offline Administrator
    just did not find the teacher supportive at all. After speaking to a few friends, they also had similar negative experiences.
    If this was the same person who the Mrs took our son to about 9-10 years ago. I completely understand and empathize with what you went through. Bit of an authoritarian... which is all too weird considering the age group this is targeted to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12