Breastfeeding - Weaning Process
- 08-23-2007, 09:28 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2004
- Tsuen Wan
- 09-07-2007, 11:36 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2006
I am also bf my 18 mths still and encountering the same kind of resistance or shall we say bias towards bf older babies. I too am a bit confused and frustrated since I enjoy it so much, why everyone else thinks something is wrong with me !?! Even my paed said I have to switch to formular. I did give her some 2 days ago, but she refused it as she's basically all breastfed completely. Other than the morning / night bf, she doesn't drink or eat any diary products as she is very picky. I am just wondering if she'll ever grow out of it like what some of you experienced since mine doesn't quite take any other form of milk. Come to think of it, we all have similar opinions imposed on us by outsiders on this topic. Is this a HK thing or it's the same else where?
- 09-08-2007, 06:21 AM #11Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- Chai Wan
i wonder if your baby is getting enough solids. my baby is only 11 mos, and eats a lot of solid foods. maybe you can add some variety to the congee. we first make a fish soup base, then use that soup base to make the congee. or we add other stuff ie. carrots and meat. i think after 12 months, most of the baby's nutrition comes from solids (at least that's how they preach it in the states).
i'm still breastfeeding the night feeds and doing formula during the day. i switched to half and half bc i am currently pregnant again and was waaaaay too exhausted to keep it up full time and take care of my baby. i'm keeping the option open to go back to exclusive BF after the baby is born.
another thing to keep in mind is how active your baby is. mine hasn't gained for 3 months, but she went from non-mobile to extremely mobile, so i'm not worried. you might want to talk to your doc or a nutritionist if your baby is losing weight.
- By spockey in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 6Last Post: 08-11-2011, 06:32 PM
- By kcinhk in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-03-2009, 01:34 PM
- By Sue&Safia in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-29-2008, 04:17 AM
- By Nashua852 in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 10Last Post: 04-09-2008, 03:55 PM
- By nanzbier in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 10Last Post: 10-02-2006, 08:12 PM