Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

IUI with Dr Derek Lo

MickeyMom is offline Registered User

IUI with Dr Derek Lo

Anyone had experience before?
    what is success rate?
    how much are the charges like?
    What is it like? any side effects?

Hubby and I are considering this as an option offered by Dr. Lo. We told him that we want to finish all diagnostics first, and then maybe treat me for PCOS and any other thing that might come out after all my tests. Then we want to try naturally for a while. I am only 32 so still have time. But if this still fails, then we may have to re-consider our options so would like to know as much to guide us

thanks

sky123 is offline Registered User
    I have PCOS and took medication (metformin) had fertility injections (Gonal F etc.) and got pregnant "naturally" twice. You don't have to go straight to IUI (especially if hubby is OK).

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    thanks sky123, that's very promising to hear.
    however, my hubby has issues with sperm motility which is why IUI became an option. But we've been reading on this and we found out that sperm quality varies depending on hubby's state - tired/fatigued/lacked sleep/has not had sex for a long time etc. And recommend that he get tested a couple more times. I wonder if this is true?

ngw
    ngw is offline Registered User
    hello - we consider moving to HK and need to go through IUI in HK. can anyone share information about doctors and costs?

coolgirl is offline Registered User
    MickeyMom, did you do an IUI with Derek Lo? whats the status? I am also pondering over IUI this month

Cherry448 is offline Registered User
    Hello

I've recently arrived in HK and am looking into fertility treatment options as well.

I'm 33, ttc for nearly 2 years and getting completely fed up and depressed about it. The problem is on my side, although it's not obvious what the problem is so I need more tests. I have PCO's but according to my temps I ovulate regularly, and my 21 day progesterone came back fine.

Since my partner and I aren't married, we're not able to do IUI or IVF here in HK which is the worst news I've had for ages! Does anyone know if there is any restrictions on doctors prescribing fertility medications such as Clomid to unmarried disgraces such as myself?

Thanks for any insight you can give me!

Mary