Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dr. Dawkins/first appointment

mammalicious is offline Registered User

i have been wtih Dr Dawkins for for the pregnancy and birth of my daughter and seeing him again for this pregnancy. he is laid back, and is very pro-natural pregnancy (ie does not wish to prescribe medication that is not proven to work, or prescribing things just for the sake of giving you something.) yet very knowledgable.

at the first scan (around 6 weeks) he will do a scan. he will take a bloodtest at the 11 week mark so that the results will be available at the 12week scan. this is a major scan and he will measure your baby (thighs, head circumference, tummy, etc) and calculate the risk of downs syndrome verom your scan vs the blood test.

he also will provide a dvd disk which you will bring to every appt and he will record the scan each time for you to keep. i still have my daughters and it is to amzing to watch as they grow in your tummy.

Scottie Daddie is offline Registered User

Hi everyone. We're about 6 weeks in too (same as Rebekah who started this thread) and teeing up our first visit. Be still our beating hearts!

Dr Dawkins is on our list but wondered if anyboy knew of a list of other western doctors in Hong Kong. Anywhere on the island. Would be particularly interested in any Scottish doctors (as we don't speak English).

Cheers :-)

rani is offline Administrator

Congratulations Scottie,

We have a list of Expat friendly Drs in our directory. I don't think any are from Scotland.

http://www.geobaby.com/directory/hea...gynecologists/

Thanks, Rani.

We've got an appointment this weekend with our regular doctor to ask if they have any recommendations. Were pencilled in with Dr Sally Ferguson next week, in Shui On centre. (Hey, it's a Scottish name anyway!). Will keep you posted.

Hi eveyerone and thought I would add some news here for us. In the end we went to Dr Sally Ferguson of http://www.otandp.com/

Her practice is in Shui On Centre in Wan Chai, and we had a 6 week and a 12 week scan there. Not cheap at nearly $3,000 a time but we found Dr Ferguson very professional and thorough. Perhaps a bit rushed but not enough to put us off and we feel very confident in here.

Just thought to share this with anyone who is behind us!

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12