Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eco balls

asdasd is offline Registered User

Eco balls

I saw Eco balls at Three Sixty yesterday and wonder if anybody has experience with them? It says the Eco balls are of course environmental friendly and we can say goodbye to washing detergent forever. Just simply put them in the washing machine, then wash with dirty clothes.

Do they work? They sell the 3 balls at HKD700 (more or less), quite expensive...

canuckinhk is offline Registered User
    hi there,
    sorry this is late.. just saw this post. i bought the eco balls at threesixty, then found them at GREAT for $399! 360 refunded me the difference and were nice about it, not sure if they've lowered the price, but do check out GREAT.

and, yes, they do work. you don't get that soapy smell from them like most detergents, but they do clean. i really like that they are so eco friendly on many levels. i've used eco products for a while, but these eliminate plastic bottles and shlepping the heavy bottles home!

woodk6 is offline Registered User
    Is there any circumstance where they don't clean well? My daughter has just started solids and is a complete mess. She gets food all over everything so our laundry is pretty heavily soiled lately.

they do come with a little tube sample size of their stain remover. i haven't tried it yet though. we don't have little ones, so our laundry isn't so bad, but everything we've washed has come out clean, including soiled napkins, so i would assume it should be fine. i guess you could use the stain remover on the worst parts.

glad to see others are interested too. given the state of the skies today, every little bit helps!

mommy sara is offline Registered User
    You can also make your own cleaning products. Very easy and cheap. Many sites online dedicated to this. For laundry we use:
    Detergent - mix 1 cup grated Ivory soap (or Fels Naptha soap), 1/2 cup washing soda and 1/2 cup borax. Use 1 tbsp for light loads; 2 tbsp for heavy loads.
    Fabric softener - use ΒΌ cup of vinegar

interesting... where do you get the supplies in HK?
    never heard of washing soda... what is it?
    thanks!

asdasd is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the useful info! I'll have a look at GREAT then.

joannek is offline Registered User
    i'm reviving this thread cos i bought the eco balls, and find them to be a cheat. it says on the box that for 30mins wash, the eco balls last 580 times. my washer has a 2hrs cyce or a 45mins cycle. when i used the 2 hrs cycle, they lasted after 7 washes, the ball was half empty & i had to refill. when i used the 45mins cycle, they lasted longer, but the clothes smell like they were washed at all, exactly the same as before i put them in the washer. i already tried 30C or 40C, the same results.

so if i want to use the balls & have clean clothes, i have to use the 2 hrs cycle, which means the balls only last about 15 washes. which is ultrageously expensive. i felt like i was cheated.

anyone has similar experience?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast