Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

c-section complications

mniem is offline Registered User

c-section complications

i am scheduled for an elective c-section in 4 days...but i'm still having doubts...mainly i'm worried about complications from c-sections and spinal anesthesia. has anyone experienced or heard about complications that is rather serious? thanks for the info in advance.

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    i had a c-section 4 years ago. had an epidural during the surgery and was awake the whole time. did not have any complications. was up and out of the hospital after 4 days.

suggest you speak with your doctor so you gain more confidence.

talk with hubby too so that both you and he are relaxed

most importantly, pray. and goodluck! birthing is such a wonderful experience.

Jo&Caia is offline Registered User
    had c-section last year in january. had spinal anesthetic and was also awake during delivery. didn't have any complications and was up and about the next day. i was out of the hospital after 5 days.

i agree with MickeyMom, birthing is such a wonderful experience... be it natural or C-section;-)

good luck!

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    If you don't need one why would you have it? I've had two babies, one VB and one c-section. Whilst I had no problems with the c-section i would choose v-birth every time. Everyone is different but having a c-section was a let down and i didn't bond as quickly with my second child as i did first time round. He also had fluid on the lungs which is common with c-section children and had to be admitted as a patient himself and watched over night. It meant i couldn't start breastfeeding til the day after the birth and we had a few problems i believe, that are a direct result of that.

As far as things went for me, I was up the afternoon of the c-section and i checked out 4 days later, a day early because i missed my first son. I've had no issues at all and was given the thumbs up to exercise 3 weeks after the section. So as far as c-sections go it was brilliant but it felt weird for me carrying a baby for 9 months only to have my stomach cut open and it taken out of me rather than me pushing it out. Sure i was proud of myself for having a v-birth ( i had a big baby) but that wasn't it - it just felt like a more fitting end to 9 months of carrying the baby. Like, I got it there, now i'm going to get it out.

Just my two cents. Whatever happens, just be mentally prepared. I kind of freaked out in surgery because it was all too much for me. Mind you, I was given a night's notice.

aprilbaby is offline Registered User
    I personally had no complications with my c-section, unfortunately I had to have an emergency c-section due to medical reasons. This is my take on it: It was very clinical and for me there was no satisfaction of pushing and willing the baby out, you are awake, opened up and a baby handed to you. Thats it!! Of course the end result is the same a beautiful bundle of joy but I personally feel I missed out as I was really looking forward to doing it naturally. Maybe next time.

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    I had elective c-section with spinal and it was great. I thought it was a beautiful birth experience and bonded with my baby immediately. The baby had no complications at all. I was up the same day of surgery and was out by the 5th day.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    I had c-section last Sept with spinal anesthesia. No complications, no infections. Started breastfeeding the next day. Only needed painkiller for 2 days, checked out the hospital on day 4.

momofthree is offline Registered User
    I have had three C-sections in the last six years,no complications with any of then.The most recent was the least painful as I had a pain block administered with the spinal.Pain free for the first 24 hours-magic stuff!

If I could have though I would have still liked to deliver vaginally,but the experience all three times was still amazing.If you can ask them to lower the screen before they take the baby out,its great to see it happening in my opinion.

Kept my babies with me from delivery until I got to my room and then fed them all right away.Up and about no problem on day two.

Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast