Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tips for travelling with a 10 month old baby

Portia is offline Registered User
    Thanks to everyone for all the tips. We plan on bringing the baby's car seat, but have been told that we can only request the bulkhead row so there are no guarantees that we'll get it. I'll definitely get a few new toys to surprise him with in case he has a meltdown. My little one also can't sit still for more than a few minutes, so the thought of being with him on a plane for 12 hours is a bit scary!

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Portia View Post
    Thanks to everyone for all the tips. We plan on bringing the baby's car seat, but have been told that we can only request the bulkhead row so there are no guarantees that we'll get it. I'll definitely get a few new toys to surprise him with in case he has a meltdown. My little one also can't sit still for more than a few minutes, so the thought of being with him on a plane for 12 hours is a bit scary!
    What airline fed you that? We have had no problem requesting/receiving bulkhead on Delta, Continental, NW, Cathay, Thai (I think), DragonAir, etc.... On the US airlines it is usually a matter of adjusting your seat on their website. For Cathay we had to call them.

Portia is offline Registered User
    We were told by Cathay that we can only request the bulkhead and that it won't be guaranteed until 24 hours prior to departure depending if anyone else has an urgent need for it, eg a disabled person. Were you able to confirm your bulkhead seats on Cathay long before the flight? If yes, I had better call them again asap.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Our son is ten and a half months old and we have flown with him six times since he was born....I don't think flying with him now that he is older and walking is any more difficult than when he was a smaller baby and not sleeping!

Take a night flight if you can, our last long haul flight this weekend was a night flight and our son slept the whole way back (11 hours).

We always fly standby and have never had any problems getting a baulkhead seat, however now that our son is too big and heavy for the bassinet we don't get priority for the bulkhead as priority goes to babies who can fit in the bassinet.
    Personally I think if baby is too big for the bassinet then bulkhead seats aren't that great....it's better to ask if the flight is not full if they can make sure you have an empty seat next to you that baby can sleep across...

sky123 is offline Registered User
    I totally agree with bekyboo44. Some of the bulkhead seats can be quite uncomfortable for the adults cos you can't put your feet under the seat in front. So if baby is to heavy for the bassinet ask the staff to try to get you an extra seat. Its much more comfortable. Oh do ensure baby is strapped in with a child strap or he/she may roll off the seat.

cybabe is offline Registered User
    Yes bulkhead sit is not a guarantees it depends on need or may be too many infants travel at same time they have to arrange the sit for the suitable one. Even i fly with Oasia business class suppose u can book the sit on line but due to too packed all bulkhead was full they told me I may need to hold the baby for 13 hrs flight to UK ! They just mark down the remarks when you check in see if anyone willing to offer you bulkhead sit or u may think about another option but your baby a sit instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12