Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baby distracted while feeding and recommendation for lactation consultants

premama is offline Registered User

Baby distracted while feeding and recommendation for lactation consultants

Hello,

My 10-week old has recently been rather distracted while I feed her - she'd feed for a few minutes, then latch off and take a look around and then latch on for another few minutes, then stop and so on.

She sometimes also moves a lot while she is feeding and occassionally pulls my nipple hard before letting go, which is quite painful.

Is this normal behaviour or am I doing something wrong?

Also, can anyone recommend any good lactation consultants in HK? I heard that there is a baby clinic in Matilda with a resident lactatation consultant...has anyone been there? What are your views?

Any comments appreciated.

kashismum is offline Registered User
    Have you tried going into a quiet, even dark, room with no distractions?
    Could be that your baby is impatient for your let down. Or just more aware of surroundings.

I recommend the LLL for lactation advice - contact info often posted by Sarah on these forums.

Matilda does have a clinic also, as do Annerley midwives. All are qualified; it's a choice of costs and personalities.

momofthree is offline Registered User
    My son did the same thing.It really helps to go into a quiet and dark room-he feeds so much better.Still latches on and off until the letdown happens though!

shalom is offline Registered User
    i highly recommend mrs chee, she's the best. she will go all out to help you and you can call her anytime when you are in pain or in trouble, she's especially good in treating breast engorgement and mastitis. if you are really interested, i can give you her number, many of my friends use her including me.she charges 600 per consultation.

instantnoodle is offline Registered User
    Mine has been doing exactly that since 10 weeks too. Feeding in a dark room doesn't make that much difference for her. But you might like to try feeding straight away after your baby wakes up (when s/he is still a little drowsy) or when she's sleepy.

joannek is offline Registered User
    if your baby pulls at your nipple, i suspect blocked duct. they pull the nipple when they don't get any milk.

i second mrs chee, she's excellent. a bit pricey, but i think she's worth it. mind you, she's always late for her appmts! but she's very nice.

mintycat is offline Registered User
    Mrs. Chee is also my savior with both of my babies. She charges $730 now but I think she worth every cent. She helped me through several bouts of yeast infections and mastitis twice. Some insurance companies reimburse for lactation visits, usually international ones like BUPA, IHI Danmark etc.

kellyst is offline Registered User
    hi, expecting my 2nd and just preparing now.

hopefully, won't end up needing it but can some one either post or PM me the contact of Mrs. Chee?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast