Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Recipes to share?

lengli is offline Registered User

Recipes to share?

My baby used to love congee but now he suddenly refuse to take any congee no matter what i put inside.

Does anyone has any non-congee recipes to share? Should be easy to prepare as Im handling him without any helper.

Thanks very much!

Ashbaby is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Dear Lengli

My daughter has the same response when she turned one, she is 14 months now. I think that's becasue babies like to eat harder food when they have more teeth, and eating congee can be very boring.

I started preparing her food just the same as adults when she had three teeth, i.e. a bowl of soft rice, soup, and a dish. She really loves it.

But you may have to try a few times before grasping the right mixture of rice and water to prepare the soft rice that suits your baby.

The soup that my baby likes most recently is the sweet corn and potato soup, very easy to prepare.

One cone of sweet corn (fresh) and one small potato. Use a fruit knife to cut the corns from the cone, then boil the core and corns in two bowls of water for twenty minutes.

Throw away the core and drain the corn, keep the soup. Blend the corns and put them back to the soup. Cut the potato into very small cubes, put half of them into the soup and boil with the blended corn for 10 minutes, then add the rest of the potato cubes, boil for another 10 minutes.

The soup is sweet and creamy and no seasoning is needed. It goes really well with rice. Hope your little one'll like it.

Elie is offline Banned

Chicken a la king

2 tablespoons fat
    2 tablespoons flour
    1 cup milk
    1 cup cream
    2 egg yolks
    1 green pepper, minced
    1 cup quartered mushrooms
    1 pimiento cut in narrow strips
    2 cups cooked diced chicken
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper

Make a white sauce using meat drippings, flour, milk, cream, salt and pepper. Add mushrooms, green pepper, pimiento and chicken. Cook until the meat is done. Just before serving stir in the egg yolks, slightly beaten, and cook for a about a minute or two, stirring constantly. Serve at once on hot toast.
    Recipez World