Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Taikooshing/ Kornhill playgroup

Ashbaby is offline Registered User

Taikooshing/ Kornhill playgroup

Hi there

Any suggestion for good playgroups in Taikooshing and Kornhill for baby around 1.5 yr? Either English/Japanese/Mandarin is OK.

marcusemi is offline Registered User
    Hi Ashbay,

You can try Victoria Kornhill kindergarden, they have playgroup 2 or 3 days choices. I also want to put my marcus there later when he is 20 months. Are u living in taikooshing ? if yes, u can join our eastern island mummies group. We have gatherings every Wed or Thurs morning or afternoon. I met them once on Sat gathering coz i am working mum. They are nice.

Regards, Emily

mrs momo is offline Registered User
    Victoria is not that great, you can read other threads about it. My LO will be trying out a new playgroup next Sat at QQ club. It is a music movement class. Let me know if you are interested because the more the merrier. It is free. At about 18mths onwards they like to movearound alot and also prefer the company of other children. So far including my LO there will be four so if anyone is interested please PM me.

marcusemi is offline Registered User
    Momo, where is qq club ? it's pitty that My marcus is only 17 m..
    pls let me know how is going in qq club.

Rgds, Emily

Ashbaby is offline Registered User

QQ Club

Dear marcusemi and momo, thanks for the useful info.

I went to QQ Club last Saturday and enrolled my daughter to one of their Japanese playgroup on Saturday. Looks like kids are having fun there, though i'm not sure about the quality of teaching. Will keep you posted if you're interested.

There are many other language and activities classes to choose from, for toddlers to primary students, as far as I know. It's located in the basement of City Garden Shopping Centre. Relatively spacious, with a small reading corner, play area, cafe, and a lot of sitting area for deomstic helpers or parents so that can wait outside the classrooms.

One has to pay an annual membership fee before being enrolled to their courses. As a member, the student and his/her parent can visit the club anytime to play or read there.

i'll check it out later next week as I work full time.

BTW, thanks for inviting me to the mums gathering, I would love to if the time is suitable. I do all my baby shopping at taikooshing though I do not live there.

mumjo is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    My girl is almost 7 months. I have checked with Victoria Kornhill Playgroup, they have more than 60 registrations on their waiting list. Even my girl cannot crawl now, Victoria suggested me register with the class. What is the usual age for baby to join playgroups? Apart from Victoria, are there other good playgroups in Taikooshing? QQ Club is a Japanese one. I would like to get an English one for my girl.

BTW, I would love to join gatherings of the Taikooshing mummy club. Can I just do it on Sat as I am working too.

CBeaver is offline Registered User
    We've recently joined QQ Club and been given free half-year membership in enrolling in one of their programs. For your information, they offer English (E-Cottage), Mandarin (Blossoms Early Mandarin) and Japanese (Ekimae) playgroups. You may contact the club at 2234 6677 for more details.

mumjo is offline Registered User
    Dear Marcusemi,

Is it fine to send my girl to playgroups when she is 7 months old? Victoria is not accepting babies who cannot walk. How about QQ Club?

I would love to join the Sat gathering as a I am a working mum too. May I know the time and venue? BTW, would there be Christmas gathering for eastern island babies and mummies?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast