Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

disneyland trip

mumsy is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

disneyland trip

I'm planning a trip to disneyland with my toddler, but have the following questions.

1. I'm debating whether to take my own stroller or rent one. What type of strollers can be rented? Are they clean, does the seat recline, is there a full sun cover, and is there a big basket (since we will have some luggage as we are staying at the hotel but cannot check in until 3pm).

2. Is the fireworks display really noisy - not sure if it will frighten my toddler or should we watch it from the hotel instead?

3. Which cafes/restaurants are good and can offer healthier alternatives for toddler?

Anything else I should bring/consider? Thanks

fee is offline Registered User
    Tai Po, Hong Kong
    The strollers are actually three wheel buggys. Clean but don't recline. Have a max weight limit of 15kg including luggage.

The fireworks are not as noisy as the big pyrotechnic displays (such as over the harbour at new year) and there is music playing as well. My toddler was happy to watch from my arms.

Plenty of eating places have asian foods so you can get rice really easily. The Main Street Corner Cafe has a varied menu so you should be able to find something and you can pre-book when you get to the park so you know you will have a seat in air-conditioned comfort. You can always pack a lunch for your toddler.

mum of 2 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I would suggest checking in early and leaving your luggage at the hotel. Although your room may not be ready until 3pm, they will store your luggage and do the paperwork. You can always come back and collect your key later, if your toddler fancies a nap (especially if you are planning to stay up for the fireworks). Reception can also arrange your tickets etc. to save you from having to queue again at the park. The shuttle buses are frequent and only take a few minutes.

We found the food in the hotel to be better than at the park. The Chinese restaurant (Crystal Lotus?) in particular, was quite impressive. Room service was not bad either.

Do try to allow some time for the pool. It's perfect for children (and parents seem to love the water slide too).

Agree that the fireworks are fine for toddlers - they notice the music rather than the noise. Enjoy!