Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Doctor's fees

lii
    lii is offline Registered User

wasabibunny,

No, didn't specify which room type when I called, just asked for a booking in March and they flat (Sanitorium) out told me no! Well, as long as I have a bed somewhere, I am OK :)

Definitely hats off to those mummies who made firm decisions on where to deliver right away!!!

Lisa

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

I guess March is a more popular month!! Where did you end up booking, lii?

Bear Lau is offline Registered User

Most updated experience in Canossa with Dr. Marcor Wan

My baby just turned 12 days yesterday and I would like to share with all the mummies about my experience and cost to saty in Canossa.

It was my second time to stay in Canossa with Dr. Wan on a schedule C-section (my elder one born on 4th April,06) due to big baby(4 kg with a huge head of 44 weeks) and previous C-section. I had the exact package although I stayed for one less night in a private ward for this time. Last year I paid HKD 86,000 (round figure) and this time I discharged with a bill of HKD 92,000. The different was actually from the Dr's charges : Dr. Wan increased by HKD 6,000 and the anesthetis increased by HKD 2,000.

I'm very happy with the both experiences during my stays there, I think all staffs are very friendly and helpful with lots of experiences.

I also would like to proof that all the labour wards are extremely busy during this period. Luckily Dr. Wan made a reservation for a private room for me, apparently that was the only bed avaliable on my delivery date. The nurses told me they have to send 3 mothers to govt. hospital for natural birth within that 2 days, since all private hospital on HK island were full.

Good Lucks to all mummies !!!!

Last edited by Bear Lau; 09-26-2007 at 06:07 AM.
    Bear Lau:

haniikwok is offline Registered User

Hey guys, Canossa offers a maternity package that includes antenatal visits (approx 12 visits, all ultrasounds, tests), delivery (v or c-sec) and post-natal visits for $28,000. If you want to upgrade your room you add additional costs on top, plus epidural ($3,800) and paeditrician ($500 per visit) and any other emergency treatments. I wonder if its worth going for this package?

Has anyone tried the in-house docs at Canossa? What are your thoughts?

I'm seeing a HK doc who is based in TST and is trying to convince me to have a c-sec, becos she won't travel to HK island for v delivery. I asked her to recommend a HK island doc becos I want natural birth, she asked me to reconsider and confirm with her at 30 weeks???

donkey is offline Registered User

Haniikwok, your doctor doesn't want to travel and therefore want you to have a c-sec? I find this amazing. Can you still change doctor at week 30?

I heard Canossa is not bad. I think in general the hospitals on HK Island are better and more westernized. One of my friends had booked a hospital in Kowloon and apparently she can only see the baby 3 times a day during feeding time, if she is staying at room below private room. Some hospitals also prefer bottled feeding than BF. So you better check the hospital's practices before you book anything...

lii
    lii is offline Registered User

Wasibibunny,

I'm booked at Canossa, but I haven't paid my deposit yet. I will probably do that come early next year. Around Jan 2009.

Lisa

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

I confirmed my booking at HK Sanatorium a few times and they said they don't need a deposit. I was told I just have to paid when I leave after the birth. I was quite surprised because of all the negative info I've read about boooking cancellations and such but HK Sanatorium seems to have me taken cared of.

haniikwok is offline Registered User

I have booked Canossa and opted for the maternity package they offer. Turns out the $28K doesn't include hospital charges, so add an extra $20-30K for a double or triple room. My doctor is Dr Wilfred Sze-Hung Wong, he is very nice and encourages me to have natural birth, and sister Bernadette follows me round everytime I come in for check-ups to give me all the info and advice I need.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast