Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Comments on Rent-A-Mum please

Sleuth is offline Registered User

Very strange. Ours was a 30 something trained British nanny who was employed normally by a Cathay pilot. She did the Rent-a-Mum thing when not needed by the pilot. She said there were a few others in the same position.
    I also seem to remember being told that they were all trained British nannies, but wouldn't swear to it after hearing Aussielegal's story.

aussiegal is offline Registered User

Maybe we got unlucky, our girl was well under 25. She was nice enough but definitely not a nanny.

Miriolid is offline Registered User

We have had the same problem with Rent-A-Mum. They never seem to have people available, the girls tend to be quite young and while sweet, don't appear to be highly trained nannies.
    The organisation is terrible, waiting for a nanny to arrive at 10am one morning I received a phone call from Shirley at 10.10am to say that she had slept in and hadn't given the nanny the address yet!
    On two occassions, I have booked through them only to have them cancel at the last minute and one nanny we had told us pleasantly when we got home that our 2yr old toddler had "put himself to bed while she was watching TV".
    Yes, some competition is definately needed. I am trying Annerly Nannies annerley.com.hk - hopefully this is better!

KatBoo is offline Registered User

From what I know they have different types of carers on their books. Some very experienced qualified nannies (& maternity nurses), and some less so. It all comes down to what you ask for & what type of care is required (ie, very different looking after a newborn all weekend, than a 3 year old in the evening when already asleep).

Most of them are working as Nannies in HK already, and they do a bit of babysitting on the side for extra cash.

Everyone I've ever had has been good.

Shirley is known to be 'sloppy' with her bookings &
    admin.....she definately needs some competition, but it's a hard business to crack in HK because of the girls visas (& therefore loyalty)

KatBoo is offline Registered User

BTW I used both Shirley & Annerley when I was employing a Nanny/Maternity Nurse....both sent me the same CV's, and we did end up employing. Neither terribly helpful with Visa info though!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12