Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Adoption in China

littleone is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Adoption in China

I have searched through the forums and found quite a few useful tips on adopting in HK but I can't seem to locate information for adopting from China. I know in the States they have many private agencies that org adoption for US citizens but as I am not a US citizen and currently reside in HK, can anyone advise what agency I should go through to enquire re China adoption?

Also, I wonder if anyone who has experience adopting from China could possibly advise/relay their experience. It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks very much in advance.

stilli is offline Registered User
    Repulse Bay
    Hi - We are in the process of adopting a child from China - however I am American / my husband is Swiss and we are going through an agency in the US. We started the process last Nov when we were still living in Zurich - we have since moved to Hong Kong and our dossier was logged in to the China Center of Adoption Affairs in April. Unfortunately we still have a very long wait ahead of us until we bring our little one home.
    My understanding is that there are only certain countries that have a cooperative agreement with China regarding international adoption. Those countries are the U.S., Cananda, U.K., France, Spain, Holland, Belgium,Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Ireland Iceland, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. My recommendation to you is to contact the China Center of Adoption Affairs (CCAA) in Beijing for more information. Or try their website as a first step -
    Hope this is of some help - wishing you the best of luck on your journey!!

jordanjzz is offline Registered User

Info on adopting -please

I would love more information on adopting in China.I am sorry to say but this link did not work and I would love to learn more such as the requirements if you are already living in China. Thanks!