Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone taken baby's food and formula to Canada?

Portia is offline Registered User

Anyone taken baby's food and formula to Canada?

I understand that you are supposed to declare baby formula, dairy products, meat, fruit and vegetables when you are entering Canada. I am planning to bring a can of baby formula and some cooked frozen baby food with me when we travel to Canada with our baby. Will I have any problem with Canadian customs? I don't want to bring a week's worth of frozen baby food and then have to throw it away if it's not allowed in!

Neha is offline Banned
    I am sure they will understand but if u want to make sure just check with the canadaian customs website or Consulate here

RebeccaMB is offline Registered User
    flew this summer and took a 2 lg tins of formula. no problem at all (wasn't even questioned). I did bring a small amount (few jars) of baby food for the flight. If you're bringing enough for a longer duration probably check with the consulate here, but i think you might have a problem with bringing "food" into Cda. HOWEVER, if you're just bringing it on the plane, then no probs ... just make sure not to take any "off" when you land.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    check out this website about what to declare and more:

http://www.beaware.gc.ca/english/prod/prode.html

Just got back from our trip to Canada and thought I would let you know what happened with Customs. I declared the milk powder (Nan HA) which they then inpected and allowed in. (They mentioned that not all milk powders are allowed.) They did not allow in home cooked baby food with meat in it, although it would have been allowed in if it had been prepared commercially. We were allowed to bring in an avocado that our LO did not eat on the plane and all of the rest of the home made baby food that did not have meat in it.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the info Portia! I'm flying home to Canada at the end of the month with a, by then, almost 10mth old so this was helpful! How old is your LO? How did s/he sleep? how was the flight? Sorry for all the questions lol I will be taking the 15hr flight alone...

MM - My LO was nearly 10 months when we flew to Canada last month. The flight was better than expected. He was very excited to be on the plane and wanted to touch and see everything! He slept for an hour in his car seat and another 2.5 hours in my arms and was awake for the other 9 hours. He was awake and playing for the rest of the time.

When he started to complain we walked up and down the plane with him or put on his favourite DVD which kept him quiet for 30 minutes. We took a lot of toys, including a few new ones. Make sure you change your LO's diaper right before you get on the plane, because it wasn't easy to change our LO (even with 2 people) as he refused to lie still and kept trying to stand up.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    thanks for the tips! I will be sure to bring along a dvd player and as many new toys he hasn't seen as i can manage!! Wow, can't believe he didn't sleep!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast