Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Transfer to own room

AG2007 is offline Registered User

Transfer to own room

My baby is 3.5 months and still in our room (in her own bed). Just wondering when's a good time to transfer her into her own room. I was thinking 6 months?

Also I try to get her to nap in her own room just so she gets used to her room - hoping for a smooth transition. Any advice?

Sumei is offline Registered User
    hi,

personally I would do the move as soon as possible! : ) You will be amazed at how quickly habits form and they do know if they are sleeping alone in a room or with someone else from a VERY young age....of course it depends on life style and what you want to achieve - I have always wanted my kids to sleep in their own room for various reasons so the minute I got back from the hospital, my son went straight into his cot in his own room and has been happy there since!

good luck.....

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    I'm with sumei. My son was in his own room from 3 weeks old - all day time naps were in his own room from day one. I found that we would disturb our son when my husband got home late from work etc. at the end of the day its a very personal decision and will depend a great deal on your cirumstances. good luck

mintycat is offline Registered User
    With my older daughter, she was in our room til 5 months. That was when she cut the dreamfeed at midnight (she cut the middle of the night feed at 3 months). It was just easier for me as I breastfed. However, she napped in her room from day 1 as well.

I plan to move my second one (currently 3.5 months) to her own room when she cuts the dreamfeed. She just cut the middle of the night feed last week. She also naps in her crib in her room during the day.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    We moved our son to his own room at 7 months- he was still breastfed then and still waking in the night so it was much easier.

I didn't want to move him before he was 6 months old because for SIDS prevention the recomendation is that baby sleeps in same room as you until six months.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    We transferred our son to his own room at 6 months, but even previous to that, he was already doing his daytime naps in his room. That made the transition easier, I think. We're thinking of getting our girl to share the room with her brother when she turns 6months.

AG2007 is offline Registered User
    For those that transferred their baby to their own room at 6 months (as that's our plan too), were there any difficulties?