Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Anyone uses Stokke xplory stroller in HK?

jormankiu is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Anyone uses Stokke xplory stroller in HK?

We saw Stokke stroller at Mothercare and were very impressed by it looks and functionality (can be used as high chair for dining). Anyone has any good/bad experience with this stroller? Do I need to get the bassinet (which they call it Baby Bag) as well? Is it safe to use the seat for infant?

YTV is offline Registered User
    Hong kong

I have a Stokke Xplory.

We wanted to get a stroller which could navigate Hong Kong streets and accommodate a car seat, so we decide on the Xplory. Stokke is a Norwegian design company which has been around for many generations.

What I like about the Stokke is:
    1)it can go up and down stairs easily, no need to pick up or get someone to help you out when you come across stairs.
    2)You can buy an adapter for the Stokke so you can use the Maxi cosi car seat.
    3)It folds down and can fit in the back of a taxi.
    4)Interchangeable colours and has a separate bassinet.
    5)Comes with rain cover and mosquito net.
    6)You can adjust the height of the chair and hand rail.
    7)Adjust the direction of the hand rail.
    8)Adjust the position of the chair from upright to horizontal so baby can sleep.
    9)Can turn to face you when baby is younger and turn facing forward when baby becomes more curious.
    10) No need to get a high chair when you go to restaurants, just push the Stokke to the table.
    11)It's higher off the floor so less car fumes directly in your baby's face.

What I don't like about the Stokke is:

1. Its a little bit wide for my liking.
    2.A bit wobbly when using the adapter for the car seat.
    3.Sometimes the button to fold in the wheel gets a bit stuck.
    4.The shopping bag which comes with the Stokke is big but not too organized and falls to the side when putting it into the taxi.

I don't think you need to buy the bassinet as you will hardly use it. Most of the time when we went out we used the Maxi cosi car seat and brought the Xplory with adapters.

Oh, and it's actually not that plasticky. The material is made from the same plastic they use in cars and the backbone is metal.

I hope this helps if some one who decide to get one.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    DB, Hong Kong
    I might add that a friend had one and when DD was about 3.5 he started getting too big for it and the chair would start slipping down the spine. I have to say that I was on my 6th pram by the time DD was 3.5 but if you plan on only purchasing one than this would be another disadvantage.