Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long will it takes to hire a maid?

cybabe is offline Registered User

Question How long will it takes to hire a maid?

Hi,

I plan to hire a maid not through agent ,anyone knows how long will it takes( who just finished her contract and went back to Manila) ? I have checked the consulate web site they mention that i have to go there and get a stamp from them after that i have to submit the paper work to immigration to issue visa seems the process takes so long nearly a month anyone knows is there anyway to speed up the procedure ? Also after the visa issue i have to send back to Manila to the maid she also need to do the check up again even she has done the check up in HK? Did anyone know how long will it takes for her check up in Manila before she RE ENTER to HK ? As i urgently need her to be here take care of my baby .......

peainpod is offline Registered User
    The Philippine Consulate states that it takes 3 days to process the papers. altho we recently got ours done and it actually took 5 days (they asked us to return on Day 5 to pick up the stamped contracts). HK Immigration states that it takes 4-6 weeks to process visas but if you look at the fine-print, it's actually 6 weeks for domestic helper visas (4 weeks is for some of the other visa types). The helper we are looking to hire told us that she would need to be in Manila for about one week first (for health checks as well as some courses) before flying to HK (she lives in a dif village so we need to fly her to Manila first to process her papers before flying her to HK.)

hire maid

Quote Originally Posted by peainpod View Post
    The Philippine Consulate states that it takes 3 days to process the papers. altho we recently got ours done and it actually took 5 days (they asked us to return on Day 5 to pick up the stamped contracts). HK Immigration states that it takes 4-6 weeks to process visas but if you look at the fine-print, it's actually 6 weeks for domestic helper visas (4 weeks is for some of the other visa types). The helper we are looking to hire told us that she would need to be in Manila for about one week first (for health checks as well as some courses) before flying to HK (she lives in a dif village so we need to fly her to Manila first to process her papers before flying her to HK.)
    Thanks for the informaton seems take a long while for the process ooooooo.... i may need to find someone to take care of my baby first before she arrive ;(

wasabibunny is offline Registered User
    Why don't you want to go through an agency? My agency got the visa and all the papers done in 3 weeks. I think they charge about 1500 and they sell you really cheap insurance for your helper as well (I think $750 for 2 years).

Question any one know where to get a cheap open ticket from Manila to HK??

I have checked with the agency they charge around HKD3000 also said that if the maid went back to Manila they process as a new maid come to HK the process time will be the same and the agency will charge the maid HKD3000 for commision as well....... As said i have this idea before hire agency but my husband insist not to :blahblah cause he don't know it was so complicate .....end up we run out of time .....
    Now I'm waiting for the body check result then will buy a ticket and start to process the procedure .Did any one know where to get a cheap (open) ticket from Manila to HK ??

peainpod is offline Registered User
    I purchased mine for just under HK$1200 at a travel agency on the 2/F of Worldwide House. Instead of a ticket, get them to issue a TEV (Ticket Exchange Voucher) in your maid's name, which the Consulate will also accept. Once HK Immig approves her visa and you know the definite date, you can notify the travel agency (3 days before the travel date) to confirm her flight to HK. When you send the documents to your maid in the Philippines, remember to include the TEV so she can exchange it for the airticket there.

Tks for your information after the visa done i still need to wait for the maid get the body chk b4 she fly to HK( normal procedure ), do you know how long will it takes? If there is no date very difficult to issue a fix date ticket for her .
    I saw your reply said the maid need to have body check nearly a week there ?
    My maid she has been to HK for 2 contracts will there any examption for her ?
    Last edited by cybabe; 09-14-2007 at 08:41 PM.

ashley5_ph is offline Registered User
    Hi cybabe, My name is ashley trecho. I am 24 yrs old. I am here in the philippines, and i am looking an employer in hongkong. I am a hardworking, responsible, and eager to learn. I can start asap. I am here in Manila. My cellphone number is 00163-9065061356. My email address: [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast