Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

schools on gold coast

faribolles is offline Registered User

schools on gold coast

Hi,
    We are moving to Hk in December and thinking about going to the east coast of Kowloon- the gold coast.
    Does anybody know any good kindergardens and primary schools out there?

Thanks!

spockey is offline Registered User

If you go to the website, there is a list. From what I've seen, Hong Lok Yuen International, Tsing Yi ESF, Beacon Hill have pick ups from the Gold Coast.

faribolles is offline Registered User

thanks very much!

BabySoftSkin is offline Registered User

Gold Coast is actually not East of Kowloon....it's in the West New Territories! Looks like Spockey lives there...great view!

tully is offline Registered User

Hi Babysoft. I hope you can help me. I notice from an earlier thread that you live on the Gold Coast and you had sent your child to Jing Jing Kindergarten. Can you tell me how it is going? I am going to look around next week and also New Generation I wanted some ideas before going.

SuzieQ2 is offline Registered User

Hi,
    I send my son to Jing Jing and am very, very happy with the school so far. He has made such good progress in such a short space of time.

I too looked at both schools and Jing Jing won hands down. The big thing for me was the class sizes. At Jing Jing only 8 children maximum per class. New Generation the classes are all 20-30 children.

The curriculum at Jing Jing is based on the British system, and the kids are always doing fun things.

Quite a number of the children that attend Jing Jing live at the Gold Coast so there are always friends to play with after school.
    There is also a school bus that picks up and drops off.

Good luck with your decision, choosing a school is always a tough one but hope this helps a little.

tully is offline Registered User

Hi Suzie
    Thanks for the reply. I have just been to see both Kindergartens. I see what you mean from your post about both of them. It was a real eye openner! I was amazed to hear from Head at New Generation that only about 8/10 children have English as first language. I know it is a local kindergarten but I thought as they say they have an International section that there would be more (250 children in school)At Jing all the children that would be in my childs class would speak English.Class size is important to us , so I was impressed with that. Also all the teachers are kindergarten trained and experienced. My husband and I have decided we are going to send our child there. Maybe we can arrange some play dates before?

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

However while there are pick ups for those schools in GC, it's worth bearing in mind that children face a long commute by school bus to those schools. I think GC to HLY School, for example, would take at least 30-40 mins each way.
    And to Beacon Hill a similar commute.
    I may be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast