Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby sleeping arrangements - small apartment

Vix
    Vix is offline Registered User

Baby sleeping arrangements - small apartment

Hi there,

We have a small one bedroomed apartment that we are stuck with for the next few months.

Our 11 week old baby has been sleeping in a carrycot placed on a ledge next to our bed. This is not as bad as it sounds as the ledge is wide, it is the same height as the bed and there is no gap between it and the bed (ie no chance of the baby falling off) ! It is also ideal from a breastfeeding and SID-prevention point of view as he sleeps inches away from me. There is no other space in the bedroom, the bed takes up the whole room.

Our problem is that he is outgrowing the carrycot (a Bugaboo one), so we need to find another 'bed' for him.

I have bought a Samsonite Bubble travel cot which is the ideal size as it has no legs, but the mattress is too thin for everyday day use.

Does anyone know of another type of carrycot / bassinet / travel cot etc that might fit into this space for a 3 month+ baby ? I also thought of trying to find a small cot mattress that might fit the Samsonite cot, but don't know where to look.

Many thanks in advance.

mailmail is offline Registered User
    Perhaps you can go to Seahorse shops and order made to measure mattress. They have all types of thickness (thiness) and not expensive at all.

Vix
    Vix is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by mailmail View Post
    Perhaps you can go to Seahorse shops and order made to measure mattress. They have all types of thickness (thiness) and not expensive at all.
    Oh, thank you. I hadn't heard of these shops. I have just found out that there's one in Causeway Bay and will give them a go.

Thanks again.