Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Air ticket for the maid

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Actually the acknowledgement took quite a while - it took them something like 2 to 2-1/2 weeks to send back the card with the case file # on it. But then I got the confirmation call from HK Immig a week after that, so don't worry if it's slow in coming through the mail. Btw, if you are planning on picking up the visa sticker yourself, plan for a good 1-1/2 to 2 hour wait. That's how long it took for me to get ours.

cybabe is offline Registered User
    waw more than an hour......zzzzzzz i think they need to chk some original documents right ? Hope will hear from immigration soon by the way i had rcv my acknowledge ltr last sat :yeah2!

Btw, documents mailed to the helper have been known to be lost in the mail, especially if it's going to some remote location (like with my helper). To play it safe, I ended up using a filipino courier service that my helper recommended. It's called LBC (3/F Worldwide Hse/Plaza in Central). It's pricier than going regular mail (it cost me around HK$80) but you get the peace of mind. Especially since my helper's address was quite general (no house # or anything) so I had them to talk with her directly on the phone when I was posting it and they arranged for her to pick it up at the LBC office near her village.

do u have the phone nbr for lbc ? I live in Shatin see if they have any branch nearby or i just send the ppwk through express courier like DHL instead think will be quicker .

Thanks

I called up their HK office (2877-3303) and apparently they have another branch in Kowloon (Hunghom). The address is: D32 1/F Planet Square, 1-15 Tak Man Street, Hunghom. The phone number there is 2994-5033. Their HK website is: www.lbchongkong.com
    Corresponding Philippine website is: http://www.lbcexpress.com/

But I think DHL courier should also be quite safe - unless your helper lives in some remote area (in which case, I would still go with a Philippine courier).

thats very handy got the kln addr thanks once i get the visa will ctc them directly for deliver service. Did your maid arrive yet ?

The documents arrived at the village for my helper last Wed and she is flying to Manila today. Once she lands in Manila to process the paper/training, she's going to call me so I can book her seat to fly to HK (i got an open-ended TEV). So we expect her arrival for sometime mid-next week. Actually I don't really need her yet since I'm only about 4 months along - but she prefers to start asap as her mom has cancer and she needs the money.

Btw, it really is a LOT cheaper to buy online if you have the dates. It cost me almost HK$400 to buy a one-way Cebu Pacific ticket (from her village to Manila) at an agent in Worldwide Plaza but it costs only about HK$200 for the same ticket online! (I thought it would be the same since when she paid for her own ticket to go back to Manila at Worldwide, the ticket cost about the same as online.) So maybe they have different tiered pricing for local vs Philippine nationals?

kevenochfamily is offline Registered User

Airticket from Manila to HK

Hi

I have booked a ticket from HK to Manila by end of August, Cebu Pacific Air, real cheap at $340 (one way) excl. tax. Try this no. 3171 3188 Ken.

Hope this can help.

BTW, anyone who has finsished contract domestic helper who is reliable and trustworthy and available? Any employer who doesn't need the helper in good reason can recommend to me. Please leave your contact no. Thanks a lot!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast