Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Air ticket for the maid

angelmhhui is offline Registered User

Smile

hi, I also have a question on air ticket issue. If my maid is not living in Manila i.e. in other small town which is more expansive cost. Do I need to provide the air ticket to her home town? or only to Manila is okay?

Thanks for advice.

peainpod is offline Registered User
    You're supposed to provide an airticket to the helper's hometown. This condition is actually stated in the employment contract - although some employers cheat by providing only the Manila-HK portion. (My helper told me that's what her previous employer did.)

angelmhhui is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by peainpod View Post
    You're supposed to provide an airticket to the helper's hometown. This condition is actually stated in the employment contract - although some employers cheat by providing only the Manila-HK portion. (My helper told me that's what her previous employer did.)
    Thank you peainpod.

cybabe is offline Registered User
    Hi Peainpod,

Fianlly got a call from immigration my maid's visa is ready ! I forget to ask them the totaly amount i need to pay.Do u know the cost of visa is that HKD160? At the same time i need to pay the levy right ?
    I think will be fine for authorize people to get the visa any idea ? Or need to do this in person ?

thanks

well one good thing is your maid can help u alot ,sometimes i do wondering do i really need a maid ( stranger) at home ? Its all done now just wait for the last bit.

I suppose now a day all airline use e ticket right ? I can ask my maid to get that in the airport after she sort the things out there.

:yeah2

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Cybabe that's great that your visa came so soon! Yes, you can designate someone to pick it up for you. But you probably need to sign some document (perhaps call Immig to check?). Don't forget to give that person the original proof of address. For payment, it's not just HK$160 - but you also need to pay the Retraining levy (either HK$2400 if you are paying in installments, or the full HK$9600, depending on what you chose when you filled out the forms.) HK Immig only takes cash or cheque, but not VISA or EPS.

Hi Peainpod,

Yeah u right I have recfm with immigration need to pay hkd160 visa fee and levy together when i pick up the visa. I also speak with my maid she ask me to use LBC coureir is better than DHL as her place is far away from town ( 6 hrs travel to manila airport) . So i will call LBC tonight once i get the visa and send from there instead.
    Hope it wont take long send it to there

stepheninhk is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I have read all the threads on this, however I have some questions if someone can help me. My visa should be approved soon appartantly it took over 6 weeks as they lost some documents.
    My next stage is to get the TEV to show the PH consulate, I would prefer to book her ticket online as this would be cheaper via cebu pacific, but if you do this, how to get the TEV to show the PH consultate as I would book this when she is ready to leave PH?
    Or is the travell agent the same price as online for buying a ticket? I guess going through an agent you can get the TEV easily and then confirm the ticket later when the maid is ready?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast