Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

re: Figure after natural birth vs. C-section

louisouis is offline Registered User

re: Figure after natural birth vs. C-section

Is it easier to regain your figure after natural birth or after a C-section? I heard from some that the hips will get wider after natural birth, and since I already have hips the width a small country, the very thought of that sounds terrifying. What are your experiences? will love to hear from you all!

josoo is offline Registered User

Figure after natural birth vs. C-section

My hips got wider and my feet got bigger, these things have not shrunk back! There's no escaping it either way. I had a C-section and was up and about the next day. Only stayed in hospital for 4-days and lost 20 pounds in the first two months. The last 5 pounds are the hardest and your body is never the same, as your skin esp. around the tummy is a little loser, but make sure you take up pilates or yoga. It really helps to rebuild muscles...but after awhile you come to terms with it. Afterall you have a baby and every time he/she smiles at you, you know its worth it.

capital is offline Banned
    I agree your body will never be the same, even though I lost the weight quickly, your body is just slight different shape so clothes fit a bit different. I think this has everything to do with pregnancy and nothing to do with c/s vs. vaginal birth. I had 2 vaginal births and if my hips are wider it is nothing I can notice, I barely have hips so I would notice a difference. I certainly would not choose to have a c/s just so my hips would not widen.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    I’ve had a normal vaginal birth, two c-sections and a natural birth (no drugs!). I did’t noticed any difference after the births except that my stomach now has a ledge on it from the operation scar. After my first child and before the first C-section my belly was bigger than before pregnancy but I did weigh more. But after the c-section, even when I lost all the weight my belly still had a ledge from the scar. Personally I’d rather be a bit fatter and have a smooth shape than have the oddness of the scar.

Polly is offline Registered User
    Yeah, I would not have thought that natural or C/S would have a bearing on your figure. The important thing is to eat healthy during pregnancy and maintain a nice consistent weight gain week to week throughout, I think this also helps to reduce the risk of stretch marks.

My figure pretty much returned to pre-pregnancy within a couple of months but I have a very quick metabolism, but like the other girls said, the skin's a little looser around the belly but only exercise will tone that up and maybe never like before.

I breastfeed too, and that's a sure way, to help the uterus contract really quickly and to lose that 6 months pregnant look.

coffeebeenz is offline Registered User
    I am not sure which one, if either, will have the biggest effect on your hips, but vaginal birth and breast-feeding seems commonly thought to be the best way to lose weight after pregnancy. Choosing the method of birth, given individual circumstances and the pros and cons of both vaginal and C-sections is an important decision which can significantly impact your health and that of your baby. I would base any decision on these factors rather than expected future hip size.

Bun
    Bun is offline Registered User
    [QUOTE=Afterall you have a baby and every time he/she smiles at you, you know its worth it.[/QUOTE]

This sounds so amazing, i'm waiting for this day to come!
    I hate being pregnant, cuz my brain is a mess now!