Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Moving to Mid levels with 11 month boy?

Bambina is offline Registered User
    We've moved to HK for 3 months with 2 kids, my daughter is going to be 3 and my son is going to be 2 and now we are living in Kowloon Station, we found here so convenient, there is the new shopping mall call Elements, there is supermarket (Three sixty), check this link, http://www.elementshk.com/
    You can go to Central (with many doctors) and go to IFC with one stop with the MTR, if we go for holiday, we can check in downstairs where the station is, and my husband goes to China quite often, he takes the taxi to Hung Hom only about HK$20, then take the KCR train directly to China !!! Check it out and good luck!
    Ciao!!!

beautifulday is offline Registered User

living in kowloon station

Hi,

are you still living in kowloon station. it sounds like a very convenient place to live. is the pollution really bad there?
    Are there many expats there, mothers groups, english supermarket and the rest?
    i really want to live somewhere where i can walk my baby and have agoof life style.
    Do you feel safe living there?

Can you recommend any nice places to rent?

Hi there,
    Yes, we are living in Kowloon Station now, we are really happy with the area we found, especially here all the buildings are quite new, very good secuity, services, there is the International school, lots of expats around, a nice western style supermarket downstairs call Three Sixty and there is one call Citysuper in Harbour City (TST) and in IFC mall which are really close. Sorry if I am too hardsell this area, but my husband and I like here a lot coz so easy to go around without having a car and with kids.
    To be honest, the air in HK is not so good anyway, sometimes you can have a clear day but sometimes not, depends on the weather. if you perfer to live in the place with better air, maybe you may need to find South side of HK or some Islands in HK, but somehow you need to travel quite a lot with the public transportation or driving.
    Please check the building around the Kln Staton :
    -The Waterfront
    -Sorrento
    -The Harbourside
    -The Arch
    take a look!!
    Ciao!!!

Thanks so much for your help!
    I'll have a look in November. Ill email you once I move and maybe we can have a coffee. You sound cool.

You are welcome and hope I could help with my opinions!!
    Ciao!!!

Mom2two is offline Banned
    Hi, you should definetly check out Hong Lok Yuen. We have friends there and it's a great place. (If my hubby wouldn't work in Central we would move there imediately). There is a large expat community. You can get a house with garden there for less rent than a flat in many expat-area on Hong Kong Island. They have a club with pool, playground, a large ParkNShop supermarket (on of the two large chains in HK, selling also many int'l products), a very good int'l pre-school and school, all in walking distance. It takes about 35-45 min to Central and not long to Shenzen. Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone for your advise. We are thinking that Kowloon Tong might be the go. We're in Hong Kong on the 31st Oct do I'll have a good look around.

Discovery Bay sounds sooo nice, I wish it wasn't so far from Sheko Shenzhen. I'm going to have a look there too. I know its a bit of a hike for my husband but the air quality sounds better. I want to be able to go for a walk every morning.. without all the city life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast