Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Monitor the new maid

cybabe is offline Registered User

Exclamation Monitor the new maid

Did anyone install web cam at home to monitor the maid how to take care of their children? Sounds not good to do this but i do worry the new maid and not sure how she treat my baby.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    cybabe, do you work? Is that why you are worried?

Personally I think using web cams could ruin trust between the employer and helper. Besides, even with a web cam, you can't possibly monitor her 24/7. If you are worried, you can spend more time coaching her handle the baby and observe her work until you feel comfortable to leave her with the baby.

Hi Elt,

Yes i will going back to work in oct, i do agree what you say about the trust that's why I'm struggling. Since the maid not arrive in HK yet I really can't tell how is her performance. I may need to ask my parents come over during the day time to check if everything alright.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    cybabe

Going back to work in Oct...um... so I take that you already gave birth? Congratulations!

I think having your parents over is an excellent idea! My helper arrived when the baby was one month. It was her first time working away from home and she never handled new borns so I was really worried at the beginning. My parents turned out to be great help. They let the helper do most of the work but coached and assisted when necessary. So it allowed the helper the time she needed to adjust, learn and build confidence. But to be honest, it did take me a few months to stop worrying but I guess that's in our nature as mummies!

CBeaver is offline Registered User
    I do have friends who installed webcams at home to monitor their maids (yet giving the legimate reason of enabling them to see their Lo while at work). If your maid is new, I guess it'll be a lot easier to do so without doing much harm to the 'trust'.

CB

a mum is offline Registered User
    I do have a webcam at home. I don't worry too much about my baby being mistreated by the maid though, but I want to see him while I am at work. It makes me feel that I am not too away from him. Gives me a peace of mind.

Hi Elt,

U guess it right i gave birth alrdy :yeah2 my girl now is 2 moths old .The maid i hire is not the first time to handle baby, as say nature of the mothers are always like this they love their kids and always worry things when they are away from them .

The only way to do is my parents come around to help and may be later on i will feel relief for her to handle my baby on her own trust a person takes times and besides i dont know my maid she is new to me .

mosmom is offline Registered User
    hello cybabe! congratulations! i also have a 2-month-old at home. i decided to quit my job, as i think my baby is too little to be left to anyone other than the mommy. will try to work from home instead. hope all goes well with your newly-hired maid! take care.