Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Baby not wanting to be put back in cot at night

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    Good to know we're not the only parents co-sleeping with the baby. I must confess, both my hubby and I quite enjoy it!

rani is offline Administrator
    We used to co-sleep too. Apart from the kicks, would love waking up with D too.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    rani, when did you stop co-sleeping with D? May I ask why, and how you made that transition?

AG2007 is offline Registered User
    the only challanging bit is putting my little girl down during dinner time. her bed time is 7pm and it's too early for me to go to bed with her!

2littleangels is offline Registered User
    Same story here too. Mine is now 7 months. He sleeps peacefully until the early hours then wakes up for a quick feed and falls back to sleep in my bed. I didn't mean to co-sleep and often I don't even remember him going to sleep beside me because I was asleep first! I've got pillows pushed down between the bed and the wall so that he can't fall down the gap and I don't use a duvet.

Just wanted to let you all know that the past few nights my little girl has gone down in her cot with no problems (knock on wood). The trick was I placed her on her side and she seems more settled that way. When I used to place her on her back she would either instantly wake up or get frightenend.

juicy73 is offline Registered User
    AG2007, that's good to know. Thanks. I will try that on my almost-5mth old daughter. She's been a great sleeper - puts herself to sleep in her own cot and room, until the last 5 days. Will fall asleep outside but the min. we put her in her cot, she awakes and cries. We usually finally get her to bed at 9pm through a variety of methods. We too want to resist co-sleeping much as I love waking up to her smiles.

juicy73
    Unfortunately the trick only really worked for a short while. I still put her down on her side but the problem now I have is when she moves to her back during her sleep she sometimes wakes up and cries (wanting to be put back to her side I reckcon). I'm thinking its coz she's started to learn to roll over so is a bit frustrated and is hard to settle. I read that when babies have developmental milestones they tend to have problems sleeping. I'm just hoping this will pass.... SOON! At the moment she's waking every 2 hours all night long and another bad habit I've started is to nurse her back to sleep (which actually only started about a month ago when she got the cold and now I can't shake off the habit!)

Good luck with yours!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast