Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Baby not wanting to be put back in cot at night

AG2007 is offline Registered User

Baby not wanting to be put back in cot at night

My baby is turning 4 months this Sunday and previously after her night feeds (ie 3 am or so) I could place her back in her cot and she would drift back to sleep. Recently she's refused to be placed back in her cot after the feed as she cries when put down. If I continue to hold her or place her in our bed she sleeps fine. Her cot is still in our bedroom and she sleeps there for her daytime naps fine, so I'm just wondering why she won't sleep there during the early hours.... Anyone with a similar experience?

Neha is offline Banned

Our son is 10 months old and he still does that once a week and we have to carry him anD he sleeps once down on the cot he cries. We must have carried him put him down atleast 3-4 times before he sleeps. He must be teething because he bites everything and still has not a single tooth just a white spot.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User

we are totally wrong example... we co-sleep with our today turned 12-mth little man for several months already. He would sleep in his own cot until the midnight feed, then wouldn't go back to sleep unless he is in our bed...

I guess she would go to sleep in her cot if I kept persisting, but at 3am all I want to do is go back to sleep after having fed her. It's just so much easier to put her to bed with us as she falls asleep instantly. But I do not really want to co-sleep....

kashismum is offline Registered User

My 6 month old sleeps much better beside me. And since he still feeds 2 or 3 times at night, I figure it the easiest thing.
    there may come a point when you decide to 'train' your baby to sleep alone, but 4 months may be a little early.
    Enjoy the cuddles while you still can.

Hi Kashimum
    Did you do the same with your 1st? If so, did you have problems transferring to his/her own room (assuming Kashi is in his/her own room now). Don't know why but I keep worrying about sleep association..

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

I'm going thru the same thing as you guys...

My 5-month old who used to fall asleep on her own at night when put in her cot now refuses to do so. We've been co-sleeping with her as I find it easier to b'feed her and then just roll back over to sleep! Plus, I enjoy waking up and seeing her lying next to me and seeing her beam her bright smile. Like Kashismum, we'll sleep-train later... :p

We did that with our first one --i.e., crib alone, co-sleep, then transfer to own room and own bed by 6 months. No big issues.

Good luck!

Is this a common problem with babies I wonder? As long as it isn't a problem to transfer them to their cot afterwards then in a way why not sleep with them?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast