Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Which airline will you choose?

kellyst is offline Registered User
    just a note. came back on Air France with layover in Paris earlier this week. had a nightmarish 12-hr delay in Paris, quite frustrating with a baby.. we talked to a fellow passengers and apparently that's not unnormal for Air France. i went for them coz their tix are considerably cheaper... service is ok but think i'll still stick to CX from now on.

asdasd is offline Registered User
    Hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions. May be I will ring BA to see if they really do have the cheap tickets. My hubby agrees that BA is unfriendly. Although we can put up with rude service if our baby can have a good sleep and the price is right (My hubby can be very rude as well!).

shalom is offline Registered User
    have you consider oasis? we took it earlier this year and the service is pretty good and apart from having to buy some food on the plane instead of being served some ( we can live with that ), i thought it's better than BA.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    New international ticketing regulations state that no ticket (for an infant, child or adult) may be issued with a price of less than US$75 (before tax).

That means with any airline you will have to pay at least US$75 for your baby/child to fly plus tax. This is regardless of the airline you choose.

Sara is offline Registered User
    For the price of an Economy seat on any regular airlines, you might be able to get a Business seat on Oasis, so that might be worth looking at. They use the old SQ First Class seats for their Business seats, so that's enough said for comfort. I just don't know what their baby bassinet is like. BA's bassinet seats sound great... Can anyone please tell me whether they are good enough for a 20-month-old?

Thank you.

snagito is offline Registered User
    Hi Sara! I think it would depend on baby's height and weight...Also, some airlines like Singapore Airlines told us that the bassinet would only be issued up to 18 months old -- basically forcing you to buy the child a seat in other words! For BA I would imagine that they would still offer the bassinet/car seat thing till 23 months old but I think that if we tried that now (our son is 21 months) that we wouldn't get a 9 hour sleep out of him as it wouldn't be as comfortable for him as he's now a bit taller and heavier.. but I think he would be ok for a few hours..You could ring BA and ask them for the dimensions of the car seat bassinet and that might give you a better idea? Hope that helps!

Sara is offline Registered User
    Thank you very much, snagito.

PracticalMum is offline Registered User
    Dear Snagito

As far as I know, refusing you a bassinet does not mean you HAVE to buy a seat for your child, as long as he is less than 24 months, and you are happy to hold him on your lap....

Most airlines I know do not allow the use of bassinets when the baby is more than 10-12 kgs for safety reasons. (If you know of one that issues bassinets that can take a greater weight, let me know!).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast