Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which airline will you choose?

asdasd is offline Registered User

Which airline will you choose?

We're going to Britain in 3 months and not sure which airline is the best for a 9mo baby in terms of service, price, comfy and the infant bassinet. Think it's time to book tickets online and hope we can get a good deal. Would be great to hear any advice from your experience.

PracticalMum is offline Registered User
    Hello

We travel at least 4 times a year with our little one...he is now 14 months and our preferred carrier is Singapore Airlines. We have found them most attentive when we travel with a baby.

Having said that, this summer, we flew with KLM because SQ was full full full and KLM was very kind towards us as well (the only setback was they do not have individual TV screens for us adults.....and 13- hour flights seem tiny bit long with no entertainment....)

Neha is offline Banned
    Flying out of HK it has to be Cathay. I agree Singapore airline is very good but u will waste so much time flying down to Singapore 3.5 hours and then back to London. CX has 4 flights a day. Last weekend they had special to UK for HKD 2590.00. CX crew is as efficient as Singaporairline. We have been on day flights, nite flights with them they are all good. So If the price was all the same I would chose CX

asdasd is offline Registered User
    I quoted the price online last night and CX was far too expensive when compared with Virgin & BA, like HKD11000 more than the other 2. Obviously, the reason is BA & VS don't charge infant. If in terms of price, CX seems not welcome babies apparently.

snagito is offline Registered User
    Hello! we flew BA when baby was 12 months because the bassinet is excellent - it is sort of like a mini car seat so baby can sit up - half recline to rest - and also lie almost fully flat- comes in handy with a 12 hour flight there and back.. They also have 3 night flights from HK to London which is great as there is a good chance that baby will sleep at least half of the way. Downside is that the staff are professional but a bit cold! They have personal tv screens too! Let us know whom you choose!

Neha is offline Banned
    But sometimes alot of airlines quote cheaper prices and then no seast available. I dont think BA and Virgin dont charge for infants. I just checked with them. If your child is below 2 they charge infant ticket means no seat and 10 kgs allowed adn if u are child i above 2 then child fare adn 20 kgs allowed. Alot of airlines like zuji.com.hk doesnt have the space for infant booking and u nee dto call them. If I was u I would call BA andVrgin directly to reconfirm all details

Best of luck

shalom is offline Registered User
    we flew BA once because CX was fully booked and boy! what a nightmare. the flight is fine, the food is fine, the baby bassinet is excellent but the staff...........i would say they are the rudest airline staff i have ever encountered. if price is not an issue for you, i would advice singapore airline or cathay, if it is, even Oasis is better than BA in term of service.

snagito is offline Registered User
    Actually I agree - BA staff are terribly rude - I was being polite earlier when I said they were 'cold'! However, I would still go for them because the bassinet was so much better than the other airlines and our little guy slept for 9 hours out of a 12 hour flight as a result so that made us very happy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast