Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

due in May 08...

Hayzee is offline Registered User

Smile I'm due 1st June 2008 - 3rd baby in 3 years!

I'm only about 5 weeks, but feel like I've been pregnant for months already! It must be something about second and subsequent pregnancies that make your belly pop out the minute the HPT reads 'Pregnant'!
    My doc is Dr Alex Doo and I'm planning to give birth at Matilda. Doc says he will book me in at my 6 week check up next week.
    Has anyone got any feedback from giving birth recently at Matilda? Are there any rooms better than others? etc?
    I'm thinking about getting the Phil & Teds double stroller for my newborn and my 1 year old (she will be 1 1/2 when baby arrives) and my 2.3 year old (who will be about 3 when baby arrives) can just try and walk everywhere!
    I'm also planning to getting a night maternity nanny for the first 12 weeks after baby arrives, through Rent A Mum. Shirley Robinson has been most understanding. It's very expensive, but I feel it will be worth every penny. I just can't bear to think about going down that path of sleepless nights once again! Has anybody used a night maternity nanny in order to sleep well during the night after baby arrives? (I do feel a tad guilty but I have to get my rest at night to take care of 2 busy toddlers AND a baby).
    And I was just wondering who out there lives in Hong Kong (Mid Levels) and gets around using taxi's? I'll have 2 toddlers and a newborn and I'm wondering if I"ll need to hire a car and a driver so I can get around safely and efficiently. Taxi's drive me crazy and it's very unsafe with the kids not being strapped in. Any thoughts?
    Thanks ladies for listening.

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User
    Hi all,

I am due April 11. I currently live in DB but am moving into a newly-renovated house (by us! It has taken 6 months!!) in Mui Wo on Lantau Island next month. This is also my first! Congratulations to the rest of you!

neringapri is offline Registered User
    Hello ladies,

I am due early May. This is my second - I have 16 month old son.
    I am also new to Hong Kong - I am moving to Clearwaterbay/ Sai Kung in December 08.
    As I am changing the country, my Hong Kong baby will feel like a first born since many of the things I have learnt, people I have met through him will be left behind. So in that way I am a first time-mom again;-)
    Hayzee, that is very impressive- 3 babies in 3 years, I will need tips from you how to cope just with two:-)
    Congratulations to everybody!

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by tikkunolam View Post
    I'm due in mid-May. Still too early to have an exact date but OB thinks on the 20th. This is my first and I'm very excited! I can't stop looking at the different prams available. I have no idea what to look for.

:yeah2
    Not to add to the difficulty level of this decision but--if you travel MTR/KCR frequently, make sure the pram is narrow enough to fit through the turnstile. Shortly before we bought ours we ran into a couple in Ikea who warned us about the width issue. Up to that point we never considered it. Living in the NT and having to hop the KCR and/or MTR to get anywhere, that was a needed feature.
    I'd also recommend a one hand fold-up and lightweight.

tikkunolam is offline Registered User

Turnstile width

Thanks Sleuth.

Does anyone know what the width is of the turnstiles in the MTR/KCR? I'll have to remember my measuring tape some time and have a look. I take a lot of minibuses and don't seem to find too many prams on them. I hate to think I have to give up the minibuses for the slower KMB buses especially coming from Sai Kung/Clearwater Bay.

hknanny is offline Registered User
    I am a qualified maternity nurse and available to work full time (24/24, 6 days a week) or night shifts only. I have been working in HK for 13 years with children, I am a permanent resident. if you are interested in my services, please let me know.

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    Hello!

I am due on the 3rd of May 2008 and this is my first baby. I'm booked in to deliver at the Matilda.

I've been in Hong Kong permanently since April this year and don't work, we moved here for my husband's job.

Look foward to chatting to the other expectant mums!

rebekah is offline Registered User
    Hi Bel! congrats on sharing the news :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast