Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Pollution always this bad?

Neha is offline Banned
    Excellent idea BEKYBOO44.Why dont we ask aussiegal or lantau35 to write and I am not being sarcastic about it. I am suggesting their names as they seem to have much more detailled information

Blee is offline Registered User
    I think it is a great idea, an open letter to Donald Tsang through SCMP. How about the Standard too? I don't know how it works to submit anything to the newspaper. Anyone has any ideas?

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Neha, my vote goes for you as you were the first to say we shouldn't discuss problems such as pollution on this forum but should do something else. We also all by now know my belief that however well intentioned such a letter is, it would fall on deaf ears so i fear that if i were to write it it wouldn't be quite as eloquent as anything you could put together.

Oh and Blee, sorry for getting your name wrong earlier. I hate it when people do that.

Neha is offline Banned
    Aussiegal. again u are misunderstanding. I said if u discuss an issue u must act also. u cannot just talk abt and do nothing .It is like my husbands says to our son Only fart and no shit.My suggestion was to talk to your elected officials which I will. I am not very good at writing as I am sure u have seen from this above thread but I am willing to do other stuff, as in giving time, photocopying etc.

Blee is offline Registered User
    Aussiegal, sorry if I misunderstood you. I haven't read your other contributions to Geobaby or Geoexpat. But just reading what you have written on this thread makes me feel you absolutely hate this place and have no faith in the system either. And it is a matter of time you will be gladly out of here. So it is just my interpretation of you and maybe it is right maybe it is wrong. So be it. And it is not personal either because I have no idea who you are.

In any case if you don't feel like writing any letter or taking any action because you do not believe it will make a difference, it is ok too. Why do something when you deep inside believe it is a waste of time and effort?

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    How about we ask geobaby members to post their thoughts on the pollution, e.g how bad it is, how bad is has gotten over the past couple of years, how they worry for their childrens health, maybe some even have children whose asthma is aggravated by the pollution.

Let's also hear from people, like aussiegal, who would leave HK because of the pollution...I am sure their are others....

And then we compile that into an open letter to SCMP, Standard etc.

It's not difficult to submit letter to SCMP- we can e-mail it to the editor and then he will decide to print it or not, but I think with something as topical as this he wouldn't mind! I don't mind contacting SCMP.

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    No Blee, you are incorrect- it will not be long before I am SADLY out of here. Were it not for the pollution i could happily stay here a long time.

I'm not sure it's possible that us with our nice apartments, nice cars, nice club memberships and nice little ex-pat lifestyle here would be taken seriously by the locals were we to protest against the government. I can just imagine the news around the world -"ex-pats living a cushy life in Hong Kong sulk because the air they breathe is good enough for locals but not for them........''

Neha, it is not about writing ability but passion. If you feel so passionately that someone should write, let it be you. Substance is always more important than style.

Neha is offline Banned
    Good Idea . Why dont we start a separate thread titled " Concerned Parents / Pollution damaging HK's Image that way u can just pick from there and make an open letter? Any other ideas

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast