Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Change bottle ??

cybabe is offline Registered User

Question Change bottle ??

I heard some mothers say you need to change a new set of milk bottle every 6 months is that a must to do that even the bottles are not damage ??

Neha is offline Banned
    B2B tell u to change every 2-3 months. But that is not necessary. It depends how u use them and how many feeds etc. We changed ours at 6 months because were starting to look a little yellow

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    can't see the reason for changing unless damaged or bottle too small. We had to change because the 9oz tommee tippee narrow neck bottle don't have sufficient space to fill the formula after 8oz water.

cybabe is offline Registered User
    thanks for your advise ,a bit confuse is some people say if use the bottle for too long it will release some chemical out which is not good for the bb's health.

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Not sure about the bottles themselves but I just learned that there are different flow teats (as in slow flow, med flow and fast flow teats) to be used at different stages of the baby's developments - i.e. slow for newborn, med flow for 3 months and fast flow for 6 months and beyond. Bottles are usually sold with the slow flow teats, so you have to buy the med/fast flow ones separately.

AnpanBaby is offline Registered User

Talking

as far as i understand, some of the plastic of which most of the bottles are made from may/can release some chemicals which are not safe. These plastics are the same types used by the adult world but as baby bottles are frequently exposed to high heat (e.g. sterilizer), the chemicals are believed to be released more easily, hence the saying that it's better to have a sew set of bottles from time to time. hope this helps!:yeah2

Quote Originally Posted by cybabe View Post
    thanks for your advise ,a bit confuse is some people say if use the bottle for too long it will release some chemical out which is not good for the bb's health.