Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finger Food recipe suggestions for 11 month olds

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

Finger Food recipe suggestions for 11 month olds

OK our girls are wanting to eat more interesting food now so we are having to vary a lot more.

General finger foods we have done - banana pieces, teddy puffs, bread, cheese on toast, carrot strips, broccoli, scrambled egg yolk, rice, wagon wheels and rice cakes

Today I made some broccoli & cheese croquettes along with carrot puffs. I'm wondering if others have some easy or at least healthy recipes for finger foods.

Thanks in advance!

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    what about steamed apple chunks? peas without the skins...blueberries...that's what mm is having now :)

motherOF2 is offline Registered User
    Somebodyfamous, have u given ur kids chicken yet? Cos I have a recipe for chicken nuggets, it doesn't have much taste in it cos I didn't wanna salt or pepper it but my daughter and her friends loved it.
    Chicken filet (skinless), apple (cut into cubes), onion (cut into cubes), some herbs (parsley or whatever I have in the kitchen) and breadcrumbs - pulse everything together in a blender.
    Shape dough into patties / cut with cookie cutter and bake them in the oven. Remember to flip them when brown on one side.
    Sorry I wasn't able to give u the exact measurement of the ingredients as my recipe book is still in the shipment, this is from memory as I've done this countless times. Just don't put too much onion.
    Some of my friends dip the dough into beaten egg and lightly pan fry them. So it's up to u.
    Hope this helps.

Blueberries are ok? COOL! I will try them!!

motherOF2, thanks for your suggestion, I'm not giving my girls chicken or red meat so will pass on your recipe - however you have given me ideas for a veggie version!

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Yeah, ok after 8mths according to this site that I reference:
    http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/solids2.htm

1/3J is offline Registered User
    Somebodyfamous, I sent you an article and a recipe for reference. Not magical (actually you have been trying quite a lot) but hope the information can give you more ideas on ingredients and combinations.

I've been giving blueberries to little J for a few months. I mix it with cereal for his breakfast. He loves it.

Wow thanks 1/3J - I'm going to look at it now :)

miaka is offline Registered User
    I give my LO frozen veggies to pick up and eat on her own or mix a lil w/ her congee/macaroni/noodles. she just poos the skins right out no problem.

my LO also loves fruits. i cut up strawberries/cantelope, let her eat a plum/banana that i'm holding. she loves these barley and oatmeal crackers that i got at the wet market. if u have time u can make homemade french fries in the oven. i wish i had more time to be as creative as you in making meals.

if we go out to dim sum, i let her beef wrapped in rice noodle (w/o soy sauce) and pieces of bread (only) from char siu bao.

i noticed that there'a a bb food (M organics) makes organic pasta and sauce for babies ... so i wonder if it's ok to introduce foods w/ stronger flavors. so far, i've been avoiding salt, butter, herbs, spices and sauces thus my baby eats very bland food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast