Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

which milk brand do you use?

jamesandsimo is offline Registered User

which milk brand do you use?

Just curious as to which brand of milk do you give your 12 month old? I know many people keep them on formula but i am going to move to milk.

The doc reccommended i use the Pura australia milk, however this milk often makes me a little sick, i think our park n shop keep it out too long before putting in back in the fridge.

Does anyone use the local hong kong milk or the Australia Pauls UHT? if so how do you find it?

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Hi- we use the Nestle Dairy Farm fresh milk, aslo from PNS and have had no problems with it. I've been drinking it for over 14 years and so far so good! Our son seems to like it too.

I am not a big fan of UHT milk, I think it tastes awful- so would never give it to our son.

miaka is offline Registered User
    as far as i am aware of, i think you're supposed to give whole milk rather than the low fat/skim kind. but i've never seen it in our local PNS so i'm sticking with formula probably for another year. anyone ever see whole milk around? i myself drink nestle, so far so good.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    The Nestle milk we drink is whole milk- I assume. Whole milk is full fat milk, right? The red Nestle carton is full fat milk, or so I have always assumed. We get it in PNS.

The green Nestle carton is the low fat/skimmmed milk.

rani is offline Administrator
    Be careful of the Dairy Farm milk. D had the Dairy Farm UHT, which was from China and broke out in skin rash.

woodk6 is offline Registered User
    We drink Pura Slim from City Super and I also think they don't keep their milk as cold as they should. I've never had any problems though, knock on wood. The other option that we seem to buy (I'm not sure why really) is Kowloon Dairy because the Pura Slim is often sold out. Anyone had problems with Kowloon Dairy?

snagito is offline Registered User
    Depending where you're buying it from, I'd be careful with the full fat milks in the fridge section of the supermarkets/groceries. We had quite a few bad experiences where the cartons were going bad way before their expiry dates. So now we use the Paul's UHT cartons - the only difference with UHT milk is that it is sterilised at a much higher temperature than 'fresh' milk and obviously does not need to be refrigerated until it is opened so we feel that it is safer here in HK given the storage conditions in some places.. Our baby seems to like the UHT milk, and we just have a little bit with our coffee or tea and it tastes ok to us - on the plus side we never run out as easy to store the cartons and no worries about them spoiling in the humidity or heat etc..

aprilbaby is offline Registered User
    same here, we use Pauls UHT (as recommended by the health visitor/midwife). We never run out, because we have a big stock of it in cupboard. They also do small cartoons, perfect for travelling. We even use in tea/coffee, tastes fine to us.