Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby prefers sleeping on side

AG2007 is offline Registered User

Baby prefers sleeping on side

My baby is 4 months now and was refusing to sleep in her cot when I finally realised is that she doesn't like to sleep on her back. As soon as we put her on her side she would almost instantly fall asleep without fussing!! SIDS org recommends sleeping on back, but my baby simply refuses to. Anyone with similar experience?

mscheerful is offline Registered User

yes, my baby sleeps on his tummy as soon as he is back from the hospital with me and hubby kept an eye on him all the time. on his second month we place him on tummy in the day and side in the night and on 3rd month, he won't sleep on his back for long so turn him to side and on 4th months, he just rolls himself to sleep on his tummy and at 6 months, he prefers to be on his back and now at 7.5 months, he sleeps however he wanted but with grobag at night, he is at his back but most of the time, on his side. Generally, he LOVES to sleep tummy down since birth.

woodk6 is offline Registered User

My baby started sleeping on her side at 2 months and our midwife and Dr said to let her be. Just make sure that she sleeps on both sides if possible to avoid flat spots on her head. Maybe get the Angelcare SIDS monitor or something similar if you're concerned. We have the Angelcare and so we weren't that worried.