Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Semi-private/Private room

elane is offline Registered User

Semi-private/Private room

I'm newly pregnant and still trying to figure out how the system works here. I was wondering if one books a semi-private room... does that mean you only use the shared room after the delivery? I assume the labor and birthing part occurs in a private labor room right? Any clarification would be appreciated!

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    You're correct.

chichi is offline Registered User
    Hi, elane, you're correct. The labour room will only be used by a single person. I can't imagine how 2 persons can share the labour room at birth. The type of room chosen is just for you to stay before and after the birth of your baby.
    You should ask your OB in details. He/she should explain to you how the system works in HK.

Thanks so much for the clarification! What about husbands? Are they generally allowed to stay in the semiprivate or standard rooms (say at Matilda or Adventist)?

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    My husband stayed in with me in private room @ Adventist. I don't think it's allowed in a semi-private or standard rooms.

HTH

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Hi, I had a semi private room at Matilda and , no, my husband wasn't allowed to stay.

However the night my son was born, I had the semi private room to myself and the nurses let my husband stay that night- which we really appreciated!

There are however no real visiting hours at the Matilda- my husband came and went as he wanted....he use to come as early as 6am and leave as late as 11pm- you obviously have to respect the privacy of the other person in the room, but it's doable...newborn babies don't sleep much anyway (at least ours didn't,) so everyone awake at all hours anyway!

Thank you again for the helpful input. For those who have opted for the semi-private room.. did you find it really distracting and disruptive to share the room with another Mom and baby (and Dad and visitors)? Was it difficult to deal with all these extra folks in your room, after going through a tiring delivery process?

arpana is offline Registered User
    i had semi private at adventist. actually, for me it was okay to have another person in the room. people & visitors are usually careful & not really loud. for me it was not disturbing.
    if you are lucky & there are not too many deliveries at the time, semi private is like private

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast