Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

grobag- HK winters

premama is offline Registered User
    I used a 2.5 tog grobag last night and dressed my baby in a long sleeve bodysuit (covering her foot) but found in the middle of the night that her hands and face were quite cold. Is it necessary to put a blanket on top (I thought this was not necessary with a grobag) or put gloves on?

GoogleBaby is offline Registered User
    My baby has been using the Grobag since 3 mths old (she's now 20 mth old). I never put on a blanket for her, and her hands are still very warm. If your baby's hands are cold, maybe it's really a big too cold for her. Maybe you want to dress her more warmly inside? or turn on the heat for her?

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    cold hands & feet are no indication of body temperature - it's the trunk you need to be checking (base of neck). Use the recommendations on the grobag instructions (or look at their website if in doubt).

In the UK, the recommended temp for babies room at night is about 18degrees!

cicci is offline Registered User
    It really depends on the child and what the temperature of the rrom is. Our son's room is between 17 and 19 degrees at the moment and he's been wearing a 2.5 tog grobag with three layers underneath! I agree with katboo, we should be checking the base of their necks as an indication of whether or not they are cold and not their hands...he did seem cold and that's why he's wearing so many layers. My husband and I are not keen on putting a heater in his room or keeping any heaters on at night as they do dry the air out and I'm always worried that they can be a fire hazard...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12