Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

grobag- HK winters

alibali is offline Registered User

grobag- HK winters

Hi - this will be my baby's first winter in a grobag. I've bought a 2.5 tog grobag. Can past users tell me what their babies normally wear with a 2.5 tog grobag during a HK winter? For example, pajamas or just a long sleeved body suit. I realize it might vary based on heater settings, etc. but hoping to get a general consensus. Thanks!

llb
    llb is offline Registered User

Hi Alibali,
    I use grobags even now because I have airconditioning. I usually have the aircon set on about 23 C and have William sleeping in a 1 tog with a longsleeve onesie. Last winter I used a 2.5 tog if it got down below 21C with a longsleeve onesie as well. When I've been travelling with no aircon I've also used .5 tog with shortsleeve onesie or if it is really hot I just let him sleep in a shortsleeve onesie with no blankets. Hope this helps. LLB

Sumei is offline Registered User

hi,

I think it depends on what temperature you have your LO sleeping at - if in summer, your a/c is the same temperature as the room in winter (ie with the help of a heater eg.), then you technically don't need to keep them much warmer right? so I didn't have to run around keeping track of different tog grobags for different seasons, I keep my LO's room at about 22-23 degrees and have him in a long sleeve and long pants with a 1.0 tog grobag....

hope that helps!

llb
    llb is offline Registered User

If I remember right too, grobags that I bought came with a thermometer and a set of recommendations. I will try and find the ones we have and will pass them to you on Thursday if I can find them. --LLB

mintycat is offline Registered User

I used the 2.5 with my older LO and we put her in long sleeves jumpers in the winter time. There were quite a few really cold nights when she was less than 1 year old and in the beginning we had a heater near the door in her room but it was very drying and she developed really dry skin, so we took away the heater and just dress her in another layer of clothing.

AnpanBaby is offline Registered User

I agree to put away the heater unless it's really really cold (seldom in HK now) as it makes the baby's delicate skin very dry. Last winter, I dress my baby (new born at the time) in a long-sleeve sleepsuit under the 2.5 tog grobag.

joannek is offline Registered User

a heater is not that necessary in HK unless you live on the peak or in a highrise with full height glass walls. i only put the heater on when bub is bathing & changing.

grobag 2.5tog with under vest, full bodysleeping suits w/ footie is what my daughter wears in the winter. on the colder days i also put on some socks inside the footie which help keep her warm.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User

we have our house set at 25 degrees and mm is sleeping naked (just nappy) in the 2.5tog grobag. In the winter, we usually leave a heater on low and plan to put mm in full length PJs,thanks for the tip about socks joannek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast