Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Positive things about HK

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

Hong Kong is home- that's what I love about it! Nowwhere else feels like home, like HK does!

I agree the low crime rate is fantastic and the fact that as a woman you can be anywhere (well almost anywhere, deepest darkest depths of MongKok and Yuen Long aside) at any time of the day or night and always feel safe! You can travel on public transport at any time of the night and feel safe!

The international community we have here- the mix of races and cultures (and yes, the yummy food that brings) but also what it means for my son, growing up in a community of so many different races, cultures and religions where everyone gets on! Where there is no real segregation or hostility based on race or religion!

Because HK still welcomes and adores immigrants...because what was HK without immigrants?

And the life we live here....the private swimming pool within walking distance, the beach within walking distance (although would be nice if sea clean enough to swim in), the mountains within walking distance...the junk trips on a Sunday afternoon out to Tai Long Wan or Sai Kung..the markets....no sales tax (!), the large number of public holidays (think HK is at 2nd on list for countries with most public holidays!); the ability to go on holiday to exotic destinations several times a year! My helper!

Neha is offline Banned

I love the lights when I first came to HK in Jan 2000 just after Christmas I was spellbound I love the decorations we have on our buildings. HK is truly the city of light( I know the french might dispute)

HK is one of the safest cities in the world. ( There are certian sections which are not very safe but still on the whole pretty darn safe for a cosmopolitan city)

Truly international city in terms of restaurants, Grocery Shopping. I am sure there are some things not available but on the whole u get everything u can imagine.

And for me the most important about HK is the efficency of people. I lived in USA for 2 years and I used dread going to the bank. There u would have to talk to everyone u meet, it could take us ours justto make deposits. I remeber once incident it took us 3 hours just to open a checking account and not because of paper work , it was just that the officer opening the account told us her whole life story where her son was concived and why she named him after her neighbour and about her godson. God! it was very frustrating. I love that about HK, u go to any bank( except probably BOC in Des Voeux West) or any govt department everything is so organised and fast. Really appreciate all the people who run HK so smoothly and efficiently. Hats off to them and the world can take a few lessons from us on all these matters

All other members please keep wwriting and telling why u love HK so much. Not just foreigners we also want locals to write

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

I’d like to second the safety aspect of Hong Kong. As a mother with teenage children it is really a fantastic place. My children can get around easily and cheaply on public transport and I never have to worry about then being mugged or attacked.

Lizabeth is offline Registered User

I have not been in HK very long, about 8 weeks. I love it!!! Yes, everything that everyone has mentioned is great: low crime, no sales tax, public transportation, the beautiful lights.

But the very first thing that pleasantly surprised me was the love for children the locals seem to have. Anytime I am on the train or in a lift, really anywhere, the locals will coo and play with my son. It is the cutest thing. It has helped my son be less shy and more interactive with people. Now he runs around and says hello to everyone. This is a great city. I'm very lucky to have the opportunity to live here. Everyday is a wonderful adventure.

Thanks for this thread, good idea.

manya_feb is offline Registered User

We also love hong kong. I have been staying here more than ten yrs and we found its a worlds safest place. In the middle of the night you can walk alone. Public transport is good. Rest other pple have written so no need me to write again. In short me and my family love hong kong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12