Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

holiday with baby

cybabe is offline Registered User

holiday with baby

Hi,
    My husband and I plan to have a holiday in xmas with the baby,i'm concerning about the formula milk and water from aboard ,any idea ? Is that better for me to take formula milk with me ?That will be a nightmare cause we will spend a week out town.

Neha is offline Banned
    i would suggest u take formula with u as even if the formula is available in the country u are visiting sometimes it is not the same.

arpana is offline Registered User
    i've taken short holidays with baby but carried my formula as well as distilled water bottles from here (just to be safe) as there was just 3-4 litres to carry

Neha is offline Banned
    week load of distilled water will be a lot. Again it all depends where u are going . But most places have bottled water available

Thanks for the advise actually we just going back to home town UK, guess u right better take the formula with us and may be the water (worry that baby will not get use to the water in UK as which is different from HK )?I know AA are very stright of what u carry on board especially liquid and powder am i right ? I need to take at least 4-5 meals on board for my baby that I'm a bit worry they will not allow.

Rosanna is offline Registered User
    I carried baby food on board and it wasn't a problem at all. You can carry the entire pack of baby food if you want, that's what I did because it was easier for me.

As far as change of water, I did not carry bottled water from here. It was too much of a trouble. Just buy bottled water in UK or boil the water (which is not required since tap water is drinking water). The point is my baby did not get used to the difference in water, so, probably yours too will not get used to UK water and when you come back the baby will just drink HK water like before.

Don't worry too much. Like us, babies also learn to get accustomed to these changes.

Enjoy your holiday
    Rosanna & Aditya

The water in uk are hard water my husband say should be ok ( I hope )
    Its too much to carry especially for winter hope she will be fine with the water in there ;)